First World Problems

Was on hols last week and had a private roof terrace & jacuzzi. Unfortunately, there was quite a bit of drink taken (for a week solid) and I could never work the jacuzzi. I could switch it on but not off. I also kept managing to send it into a cycle that drained all the water out, resulting in jets of water blasting skywards and into neighbouring apartments. I managed to source a pdf of the user manual online but was too drunk to make sense of it. My problems mainly happened at night so the maintenance guys were not around to help.

I found a trapdoor in the terrace and the stopcock feeding water to the tub so was able to get into a crawl space and keep filling it, and also found a fuse that killed the power to switch it off. Also managed to rip the top off the toilet cistern, resulting in mains water spraying everywhere. I armed the missus with some towels and she did a grand job stemming the high pressure blast of water that was quickly filling the lower floor until I found the shut off valve. I had to rip various panels off the wall but eventually found it and lay waste to it with some cutlery. One I had shut the water off I realised the stopcock I'd just mullered was a hard turn thing, requiring no tools.

^^^

Found the hostels rooftop water tank when trying to break in whilst pished type post.

Was on hols last week and had a private roof terrace & jacuzzi. Unfortunately, there was quite a bit of drink taken (for a week solid) and I could never work the jacuzzi. I could switch it on but not off. I also kept managing to send it into a cycle that drained all the water out, resulting in jets of water blasting skywards and into neighbouring apartments. I managed to source a pdf of the user manual online but was too drunk to make sense of it. My problems mainly happened at night so the maintenance guys were not around to help.

I found a trapdoor in the terrace and the stopcock feeding water to the tub so was able to get into a crawl space and keep filling it, and also found a fuse that killed the power to switch it off. Also managed to rip the top off the toilet cistern, resulting in mains water spraying everywhere. I armed the missus with some towels and she did a grand job stemming the high pressure blast of water that was quickly filling the lower floor until I found the shut off valve. I had to rip various panels off the wall but eventually found it and lay waste to it with some cutlery. One I had shut the water off I realised the stopcock I'd just mullered was a hard turn thing, requiring no tools.

Hope you demanded a refund for your ruined holiday and slagged the place off on tripadvisor.

^^^^^^^Frank Spencer.

It's slightly cold so I put a jumper on. But the wife has turned on the heater. Now it's roasting but I can't be bothered taking off the jumper.

Not a total solution but maybe next time consider putting a cardy on.

^^^

Growing old thread for this pish.

Grimbo

Likewise, ordered a carbonara out the deli for my lunch. The girl asked me if I'd like a slice of chicken on it. Then extra cheese, Then more sauce.

Nearly had a heart attack eating it and had to bin half of it.

edit: plus meatballs.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

My head's gone. Just been to my fav cafe for my strawberry milkshake & scone (pronounced like tone not gone) & ffs did I not make it upside down by the time I noticed it was too late, I'd already put the jam on the bottom 1/2 so had to put the cream on the lid. Still flicking gorgeous mind, the scone not me, incase you was wondering?

Grimbo

Not a total solution but maybe next time consider putting a cardy on.

^^^

Growing old thread for this pish.

Grimbo

Wearing a cardigan? Final solution is more appropriate for folk in that attire.

Emirates decided to delay my flight from Bangkok to Dubai this morning, with me missing my connection back to the UK. As a result, I'm spending the night in a plush hotel, courtesy of Mr Emirates. I won't get home until tomorrow afternoon now, but I can deal with it.

Emirates decided to delay my flight from Bangkok to Dubai this morning, with me missing my connection back to the UK. As a result, I'm spending the night in a plush hotel, courtesy of Mr Emirates. I won't get home until tomorrow afternoon now, but I can deal with it.

It's the British way, enjoy your stiff upper lip. The nation was built on such endeavor.

Putting the great in fan-fucking-tactic.

Grimbo