First World Problems

Lift in our flat has been broken since Friday and the Mrs has had to waddle down 3 flights of stairs with the baby in the carrier every time she has wanted to leave the flat. She’s having a day in today thankfully.

Lift still not fixed, this has been a month now without it. Our factor company have said that the lift company have said they had problems with parts etc and that they’re coming to fix it tomorrow but I’ll believe it when I see it! b*****ds.

My new car is an automatic.  My wife's existing car is a manual.  After driving my new car for a while I took my wife's car to work this morning.  Got to the roundabout at the end of Stewarton Road and forgot it was a manual and stalled it.

This leads me on to my second FWP.  If, like a fanny, you stall a manual car that has one of these keyless start buttons combined with the start/stop feature, it's an absolute pain in the balls to get it started again.  It's how I imagine astronauts feel going through their pre flight checks.

Third car related FWP.  My wife's car feels like driving a tractor compared to my one.

15 hours ago, throbber said:

lift still not fixed, this has been a month now without it. Our factor company have said that the lift company have said they had problems with parts etc and that they’re coming to fix it tomorrow but I’ll believe it when I see it! b*****ds.

on the upside, with four weeks of twice-daily baby/shopping/pram carrying, surely Mrs T is now a lithe, sinewy, svelte, slender fox of a wife with thighs that can grasp like those hydraulic tree-grabbing things ?

on the upside, with four weeks of twice-daily baby/shopping/pram carrying, surely Mrs T is now a lithe, sinewy, svelte, slender fox of a wife with thighs that can grasp like those hydraulic tree-grabbing things ?

That’s one way of describing her physique I suppose.

I will be amazed if the lift is fixed today I tell you!

15 hours ago, throbber said:

Lift still not fixed, this has been a month now without it. Our factor company have said that the lift company have said they had problems with parts etc and that they’re coming to fix it tomorrow but I’ll believe it when I see it! b*****ds.

One of the lifts in my work broke down and it took the lift company a year to get the part required to fix it.

One of the lifts in my work broke down and it took the lift company a year to get the part required to fix it.

Was it kode by any chance? It’s still down to our factor company to chase this up and they haven’t really done that all they have said is that they are concerned about how long it’s taken them.

• 3 weeks later...

The salt chlorinator cell in my pool is busted meaning I have to manually pour chlorine into the water every couple of days until I get it fixed. This takes at least 30 seconds but sometimes up to 1 minute depending on how long it takes to unscrew the lid. 

It's times like this I wish I was on the verge of starvation in Yemen. 

19 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The salt chlorinator cell in my pool is busted meaning I have to manually pour chlorine into the water every couple of days until I get it fixed. This takes at least 30 seconds but sometimes up to 1 minute depending on how long it takes to unscrew the lid. 

It's times like this I wish I was on the verge of starvation in Yemen. 

Which way up do you rest the lid while it's unscrewed ?

i made a roast beef and salad baguette for me and the wife. I cut the baguette in half before filling. I wasn't paying attention properly and filled mine upside down. 

I was faced with a choice that no-one should ever have to make: whether to eat it with the bread or the filling upside down. 

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

i made a roast beef and salad baguette for me and the wife. I cut the baguette in half before filling. I wasn't paying attention properly and filled mine upside down. 

I was faced with a choice that no-one should ever have to make: whether to eat it with the bread or the filling upside down. 

Thoughts and prayers with you at this difficult time. 

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Poor fellow. I understand your distress; even though I haven't quite grasped the sandwich geometry situation. Be assured: the pain lessens with time. Fraternal best wishes, Bold.

30 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Serves you right for not letting your butler take care of it.

Talking about lunch options with my two colleagues, 1st and 2nd generation West Indian immigrants, and we were thinking of sending someone up to the Carib takeaway for some cheesey beef patties, jerk chicken, rice and pea, ackee and saltfish and I'm genuinely gutted that I wont be able to get this stuff in Greenock unless I cook it myself.

Talking about lunch options with my two colleagues, 1st and 2nd generation West Indian immigrants, and we were thinking of sending someone up to the Carib takeaway for some cheesey beef patties, jerk chicken, rice and pea, ackee and saltfish and I'm genuinely gutted that I wont be able to get this stuff in Greenock unless I cook it myself.
At least you will be able to start a third world problems thread though.

Every cloud

I'm putting £50 to one side and gonna hit Electric Avenue this weekend and stock up on all my West African and West Indian spices and Iranian and North African teas.

Last checked there was a decent oriental supermarket in Garnethill so I'm covered there at least.

Any weegies know if there's any good Romanian shops or do I need to stock up on mici and mustar as well?

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

This is one of the things I miss most about London. The availability of different cuisines is sensational. Fancy a Peruvian ceviche? No problem, one round the corner.

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm putting £50 to one side and gonna hit Electric Avenue this weekend and stock up on all my West African and West Indian spices and Iranian and North African teas.

Last checked there was a decent oriental supermarket in Garnethill so I'm covered there at least.

Any weegies know if there's any good Romanian shops or do I need to stock up on mici and mustar as well?

Image result for hipster

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I preferred Eddy Grant’s version. It scanned better.

42 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is one of the things I miss most about London. The availability of different cuisines is sensational. Fancy a Peruvian ceviche? No problem, one round the corner.

Or even pie, mash and liquor, easy on the liquor. Going out to buy tasty nibbles for breakfast or lunch on a Sunday morning from across the globe is what I miss most. All I've got is Scotmid.