First World Problems

Put a DVD in the machine, then went for a piss and to get a snack, thinking that by the time I returned, it would've skipped the annoying "please do not pirate this DVD" warning and associated nonsense.

Unbelievably though, it had, all of its own volition, started to actually play the DVD.

I had to rewind it a few seconds back to the start!

To compound matters, the "First World Problems" thread had slipped beyond the first page in my "Participated" tab, so it took me a good thirty seconds to find.

Genuinely wish I was in Darfur right now.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I was sitting down the beach today and had forgotten my headphones so I had to listen to the Joe Rogan podcast through the speaker and struggled to hear it every so often due to how loud the waves were crashing against the shore. 

How much are flights to Mosul?

Treated myself to some top-of-the-range baked potatoes from Tesco yesterday. The label proclaimed them to be "Full of buttery flavour" ... I ignored this and put butter on them. And as nice as they were, they were actually TOO buttery. 

I'd rather be in * insert place of latest go-to war-torn shithole *

It's currently raining in the alpine ski resort of Mayrhofen, meaning my motivation to hit the slopes is at an all time low. Those Syrians living under a shower of bombs, don't realise how lucky they've got it.

56 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Treated myself to some top-of-the-range baked potatoes from Tesco yesterday. The label proclaimed them to be "Full of buttery flavour" ... I ignored this and put butter on them. And as nice as they were, they were actually TOO buttery. 

I'd rather be in * insert place of latest go-to war-torn shithole *

How do potatoes get buttery by theirselves?

1 minute ago, sjc said:

No c***s turned up for the English lesson I'm here (a chemical plant) to teach.

I'm stuck here for a hour and a half!

On the plus side there's a vending machine that sells beer here!

20170405_181853.jpg

3 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Sounds like a win to me, have a nap.

Under normal circumstances I would but it's the first lesson I've "taught" for this English school. Might not look good!