A Tory working majority or a Tory led coalition?

RedRob72

What would it mean for Scotland and where would it place or position the SNP for the next 5 years?

I know it wouldn't be a popular outcome on P&B by any means, but thoughts all the same?

Cheers

Rab

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would mean the same for Scotland as it does right now.

If the Conservative's campaign - which currently seems to consist of Scotland being to them what Romania is to UKIP - actually worked, I could only see it playing very much into the SNP's hands.

I personally would rather the longer approach of developing Scotland's confidence through the continual process of devolution and an increasingly supported/trusted SNP - but this mob of Tories staying in will hasten Independence. No doubt.

The Tories can't have a minority government unless the Labour Party approve their Queen's Speech, and if that happens I wouldn't like to be a fireman north of the Watford Gap for the next couple of weeks.

If the Tories secure a majority, then it'll mean two things: firstly, that Scotland could have given Labour 59 seats and it wouldn't have made a difference; secondly, that Labour will never win another general election, and are thus done. We'd be independent by Christmas.

Neither of these things are going to happen though, so the Sevcos in here had better go back to their Playboys with Maggie's heid pasted on all the models if they want to get themselves off.

See all this 'independent by Christmas' and 'independent within five years' chat? You do know its shite don't you?

A Tory majority would basically do nothing to help the cause of independence at all except EVEL if they pursued that. And even that wouldn't guarantee anything.

The Tories are far too concerned with thinking they operate in the days of British Empire. To ever make domestic decisions that are good for the overall health of the UK. Going to a fancy school and then to Oxbridge must really delude you're run of the mill senior politician.

The Tories are far too concerned with thinking they operate in the days of British Empire. To ever make domestic decisions that are good for the overall health with the UK. Going to a fancy school and then to Oxbridge must really delude you're run of the mill senior politician.

Yeah, we don't really understand the world they grow up in. To them its still the late 18th century and Britain still matters.

See all this 'independent by Christmas' and 'independent within five years' chat? You do know its shite don't you?

A Tory majority would basically do nothing to help the cause of independence at all except EVEL if they pursued that. And even that wouldn't guarantee anything.

Agree a Labour government will lead to Independence, they will screw it up as always and happy days!

SNP have suffered so badly from Tory austerity, Barnett surplus budget, £1bn death star hospital (second most expensive hospital on the planet) just opened in the weege, money for this, money for that.. I mean, it's terrible isn't it. Foodbanks giving big bags of free scran to migrants and benefit sanctioned junkies, how will they aw sleep if Dave gets back? I would like a Con/UKIP coalition, temper the Tories in the right direction. Nippy Sweety will still get her juicy Barnet cash.

SNP have suffered so badly from Tory austerity, Barnett surplus budget, £1bn death star hospital (second most expensive hospital on the planet) just opened in the weege, money for this, money for that.. I mean, it's terrible isn't it. Foodbanks giving big bags of free scran to migrants and benefit sanctioned junkies, how will they aw sleep if Dave gets back? I would like a Con/UKIP coalition, temper the Tories in the right direction. Nippy Sweety will still get her juicy Barnet cash.

The very definition of "word salad".

What's so wrong with the current set up !? A centre right party being held to account by a centre left party?

A Labour 'puppet' government with Scottish nationalist support, is a tax and spend f*ckin nightmare!?

I cant believe that the British electorate will give that power to Ed Milliband no way!!

The £biscuit Tin was completely empty after their last term. Lets not give them a chance to take us back there!!

What's so wrong with the current set up !? A centre right party being held to account by a centre left party?

That's not what is happening in the current set up though, is it?

We have a right wing party not being held to account by a centre-right party. There is no significant alternative anti-austerity voice in Westminster right now.

Archived