Deep House thread

Kryptonite

Any other house music fans on P&B?

Used to be a fan of nothing but classic rock. Past 6 months or so I've been listening to more & more house stuff due to mates influence & Spotify. (Spotify is fucking awesome btw).

Anyone got any related listening recommendations?

Is it just deep house you like, or house music in general? I'm into more funky house, nu-disco and soul edits, can point you in the direction them if you're interested.

Is it just deep house you like, or house music in general? I'm into more funky house, nu-disco and soul edits, can point you in the direction them if you're interested.

I won't turn my nose up at anything. Have a limited at best knowledge of funky house stuff. Any artists/Spotify playlists you'd recommend?

DJ Sneak, Justin Robertson, Derrick Carter, Joey Negro are more funky house stuff I like.

For harder stuff I'd say Slam, Billy Nasty, Sven Vath. Most of these guys are well old, I used to go out clubbing in the late 90s early 00s - still good stuff though.

More recent stuff I'm into (this is mostly funk/soul or nu-disco stuff) DJ Steef, Hotbox, Fingerman, Tensnake, Max Graef, OOFT, In Flagranti

And anything by Andy Weatherall, went to see him at the rooms the other month, can't remember a thing. Must have been a belting night.

Any other house music fans on P&B?

Used to be a fan of nothing but classic rock. Past 6 months or so I've been listening to more & more house stuff due to mates influence & Spotify. (Spotify is fucking awesome btw).

Anyone got any related listening recommendations?

Following The Bearded Man on Spotify and Soundcloud would be a decent place for you to start. A sub label of Armada and they've always got deep house tunes featured.

The Majestic Casual playlists on Spotify are decent as well.

Follow Toolroom Records as well it's Mark Knights label and much like him it's good. His tune Ironing Man is probably my favourite house tune just now.

Btw if you ever get into trance music then give me a shout as that's my main passion.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived