QueensPark vs Clyde

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck QP in playoffs definately what this part of the season is all about hope yiu guys get up great set up and the players you have brought through to go on to play at the highest level is surely the envy of most clubs in country the list just goes on reading eddie hunter in paper today now that is a real legend and still going strong amazing

yes, Eddie's never looked back since 1983 after being attacked from behind by half a dozen cowards in East Kilbride a few days after his little fracas with Stevie Evans (the other less famous one who spent more time in the dressing room than he should) on the touchine in front of the Shawfield dugouts (the same game that Greig Young saved Jim Nicholson from serious damage by pulling Billy McColl off him as he continued to kick Nicholson in the head as he lay semi-unconscious on the ground).

Eddie remains a hero at Hampden, and even though now in his 70s he still trains in the gym six times a week, runs SFA Community training sessions and plays in the occasional game of 11-a-side football - truly a QP legend.

Agree,, tbh the standard this season has been fairly poor, and the fact that we ended up only 6 points off the playoffs after a fairly poor season says it all for me.

I believe we have already signed a number of players, and think we should be minimum playoffs next season, however from what I hear some of these players are in the 'veteran' cat gory.

I just hope we are still going to give youth a chance,, as that is surely the best way for us going forward, and we shouldn't lose sight of that.

Agree,, tbh the standard this season has been fairly poor, and the fact that we ended up only 6 points off the playoffs after a fairly poor season says it all for me.

I believe we have already signed a number of players, and think we should be minimum playoffs next season, however from what I hear some of these players are in the 'veteran' cat gory.

I just hope we are still going to give youth a chance,, as that is surely the best way for us going forward, and we shouldn't lose sight of that.

We tried that in the first few months of the season and we were rotten, you need experience to help you get out of this league. The difference that Marko has made since January shows this.

We tried that in the first few months of the season and we were rotten, you need experience to help you get out of this league. The difference that Marko has made since January shows this.

You misunderstand me.

I'm not saying no experienced players, more that it be a mix of youth and experience.

The likes of Traynor for instance, I think there is a decent left back in there, he's still young, and I would hope that rather than bin him he be coached into being a better player.

Traynor hardly hit the ground running like McGhee did though. A year is a long time in football though, and this time next year Traynor may have evolved into the new Stevie Tennent or Bob Harris, in the same way that for whatever reason, McGhee has regressed to the point of being freed-o freed-o after a promising start. Perhaps GT works harder in training in his deficiencies than FMcG did...maybe he's not fucking off to Africa either, whatever the reason is, Traynor imo hasn't done as much wrong as Lee Sharp used to in plenty of matches, but imo he is still way off being the kind of left back i want to see in a Clyde shirt.

Surprised to see some under 20's coming into the first team so quickly, they seem to get pumped in the development league anytime I come across their scores.

Wasn't impressed with Robb against Albion Rovers but it was his debut after all. Thought his performance against Queens Park was much improved with some decent tackles in and around the box. He was also willing to venture forward and was looking for the ball. Lynass I didn't think done much either but it is too early to judge either player.

Archived