Morton v Peterhead

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice post.

I remember that season well, especially the nail biting last couple of games. I actually missed the decider, because weeks earlier I'd booked a night away with the wife for her birthday, not thinking for a minute the game would be so important. Made her sit in the car park at the Airth Castle Hotel while I listened to the end of the game and the aftermath!

Aye, there have been some good things come out of this season, and I'm looking forward to Saturday (I'll be there this time!). 3-1 would be great!

:lol:

Pretending you've got a wife!!! Your bullshit knows no bounds.

Morton fans still want Duffy gone? Even if he exceeds the season's expectations by winning a league title?

Thing is, his expectation was to win the title. I think most fans would have expected us to be challenging too, but when Duffy was appointed, a lot, myself included, revised their expectations based purely on who the manager was.

I will happily eat the humblest of pies if we win on Saturday. Still doesn't make me think that Jim Duffy is a good manager.

Thing is, his expectation was to win the title. I think most fans would have expected us to be challenging too, but when Duffy was appointed, a lot, myself included, revised their expectations based purely on who the manager was.

I will happily eat the humblest of pies if we win on Saturday. Still doesn't make me think that Jim Duffy is a good manager.

I think, with respect, most fans expected us to be in the play offs with Dunfermline cruising the league so to a certain extent, if we win the championship on Saturday, expectations will have been exceeded - albeit perhaps down to Dunfermline hugely under-performing. Nonetheless, Duffy started with 4 signed players, two of whom were goalkeepers so his signings have got us where we are. Credit where credit is due.

His tactics, team selections and substitutions perhaps have mystified us through the season, but one thing is clear. He commands the dressing room and the players hold him in very high regard, not something that could be said about all our managers.

I think, with respect, most fans expected us to be in the play offs with Dunfermline cruising the league so to a certain extent, if we win the championship on Saturday, expectations will have been exceeded - albeit perhaps down to Dunfermline hugely under-performing. Nonetheless, Duffy started with 4 signed players, two of whom were goalkeepers so his signings have got us where we are. Credit where credit is due.

His tactics, team selections and substitutions perhaps have mystified us through the season, but one thing is clear. He commands the dressing room and the players hold him in very high regard, not something that could be said about all our managers.

How many signed players did the other managers in this division start with, Nick?

I'm certainly not anti-Duffy in the way some are on here, but to use that as mitigation for what some perceive as underperformance is scraping the bottom of the barrel. One year deals and high squad turnovers over a close season are the nature of the beast at this level.

Oh, I suppose for a shitehawk manager like Duffy it would be exceeding expectations. For a manager who is even semi competent, they should be looking to win the league at the first time of trying. It's not a difficult league. Just take a look at the other sides who are challenging, and also take a look at how many games we've lost and are still in control of our destiny.

I thought 70 points should have been the target, I'll be happy enough with 69. It's taken till very late on in the season to get to that type of points per game average, and we've needed a couple of incredible comebacks to get there, but if we win on Saturday it'll be job done.

The cup was a disaster, and we've never really been terribly convincing, so there is plenty to be uncertain about. But it could have been much worse, so credit where its due if we go up. We'll need to seriously step up next season if we do go up though.

Having just four of last season's squad at the start of pre-season was a massive bonus, not a disadvantage. If he had been stuck with no-hopers like Page then the circumstances would indeed be mitigating; with a full-time budget and the freedom to assemble a new squad, finishing above the part-time outfits was an absolute minimum requirement, and we're not quite there yet.

Exceeding expectations because none of the Morton fans on here thought they were going to win the league?

He has absolutely not exceeded expectations this season. We've been shite for a large chunk of the season. We're just lucky that the rest of the league is even worse than we are.

Exceeding expectations because none of the Morton fans on here thought they were going to win the league? Do keep up.

Scrambling for relevance because your club's season has been an absolute disaster? Sit down.

Speaking of unwelcome visitors to the thread:

Dear Celtic/Ayr until they were shite/Morton when he can gloryhunt fan dmkeenan85,

If you're going to try to defend your beloved ex-manager, do so on the public forum where the actual Morton fans can continue tearing your arguments to shreds. I will not be responding to your hilarious, tear-stained PM.

Unlucky.

Speaking of unwelcome visitors to the thread:

Dear Celtic/Ayr until they were shite/Morton when he can gloryhunt fan dmkeenan85,

If you're going to try to defend your beloved ex-manager, do so on the public forum where the actual Morton fans can continue tearing your arguments to shreds. I will not be responding to your hilarious, tear-stained PM.

Unlucky.

To be fair to dmkeenan85 PM' ing you. He probably didn't realise you were a prize dick. Until now :whistle

Too right he should defend his manager at the time if he felt he done a decent job. His biggest mistake was not putting it in the actual forum and instead PMing to someone who even if it was the best argument in the world and able to convince 99% of the world, he picked the one person who even if he did agree would still argue against it.

Why is it all past clubs fans that defend Duffy? What have they seen that we haven't? Half the Clyde support are still clamouring for his return and he achieved sod all there.

They're the only group of fans who'd take him back (disasters like Bomber Brown and Barry Ferguson would see to that): the rest want us to stick with him purely for the comedy value.

Which is fair enough.

Morton fans still want Duffy gone? Even if he exceeds the season's expectations by winning a league title?

Absolutely. I have no faith in him leading us in a strong Championship next season. We may well end up coming straight back down if Rae doesn't make a brave decision by sacking him.

How the f**k would winning the title exceed expectations? :lol:

What an utterly moronic statement that is.

Oh, I suppose for a shitehawk manager like Duffy it would be exceeding expectations. For a manager who is even semi competent, they should be looking to win the league at the first time of trying. It's not a difficult league. Just take a look at the other sides who are challenging, and also take a look at how many games we've lost and are still in control of our destiny.

It exceeds most fans expectations at the start of the season when many expected Dunfermline to cruise the league. I am not saying that was the club or the manager's expectation.

Archived