Morton v Peterhead

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was so typical of us to go behind. The red card woke us up and a big thanks to the Peterhead keeper for that second goal. After the break we stuttered and credit to the Blue Toon for pressing us back so often. Stevenson looked desperate to score when he came on. Much relief when Dec got the third.

Good natured pitch invasion, and incredibly civil the way the fans cleared the pitch when asked. Nice to see everyone booing Cockwomble when he came on for the presentation.

Until a week ago I could not see this happening. My boy has had a great day and is looking forward to seeing us play St. Mirren next season.

For what its worth, you provided a semblance of normality in the sea of shit that was the Morton fanbase. I'd like to go on record and congratulate Morton and wish them and most of their fans all the very best.

Great win. Didn't feel we played well in the early stages, and weren't doing enough to take the game to them, even for a while after they were down to 10 men. We found a lot more success and confidence once Miller scored that first goal though, which was a superb effort, and their keeper being a bit mince helped us out too.

Game wasn't really in much doubt in the second half despite the occasional scare, with a great day topped off with a fun pitch invasion. Looking forward to next season now.

Been good having you guys down here on the seaside forum. The Morton fans were gracious hosts when we won the First Division at Cappielow a few years back and I'm glad you've had the chance to party in the home end this time. Enjoy the return to the big(ish) time!

Easy win for the Famous after the deserved red card, which turned a potential nightmare into a fairly routine win. The Peterhead goalkeeper being absolutely useless was an added bonus.

Duffy got his starting line-up wrong with fielding Jamie McCluskey as we lost control of the midfield in the early stages, but once Peterhead went down to ten men that became the best line-up to have on the park. Jamie Stevenson slithering on and trying to shoot 100 times in the second half was a pleasing sideshow.

TEN league titles; more than any club in Scotland apart from Celtic and the deceased. Just let that sink in.

post-11540-0-48345200-1430641093_thumb.j

TEN league titles; more than any club in Scotland apart from Celtic and the deceased. Just let that sink in.

attachicon.gifwake 1.jpg

Well yes. However other clubs avoid being relegated to the extent that Morton do, thus avoiding having to win said titles to clamber yourselves back to relevance.

That said, many clubs do languish in the seaside leagues for years so it always gives you something to play for at least.

Well yes. However other clubs avoid being relegated to the extent that Morton do, thus avoiding having to win said titles to clamber yourselves back to relevance.

That said, many clubs do languish in the seaside leagues for years so it always gives you something to play for at least.

I'd rather not play in the diddier diddies and cheats league than win it, some folk have no shame.

Heid is killing me today.

Wow, what a game. Peterhead were the much better side up until the red card and deservedly went 1-0 up. The red card completely changed the game in our favour and a great strike from Miller saw us come back into the game. A couple of minutes later the keeper makes a shambolic effort of saving a pretty poor shot and we're 2-1 up. After that with Peterhead down to 10 men I'm sure we would see it out. Hearing the Forfar score from those around you calmed the nerves a bit as well.

Got to meet and take photos of all the players/trophy in the supports club as well so all in all a great day/night. Bring on the Championship!!

I never thought Peterheid were the better side before the goal. There were some nervous touches from Morton but they scored with their first attack pretty much. Was only gonna be one winner after the sending off tho'. The fishermen had some good possession in the 2nd half as we took our foot off the gas but were restricted to long range efforts. Besides the goals we hit the woodwork three times and had goalbound efforts blocked or cleared from the line three or four times as well and Peaso shoulda ended on a hat trick.

Pleasing

See you next season xxxxxxx

What the fact that you got it wrong, because it's actually ELEVEN?

What the fact that you got it wrong, because it's actually ELEVEN?

I believe that makes you the idiot finder, well played.

Just realised Barrowman's gonna get a winner's medal

Ruined my good mood

If that ruined your good mood then you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

Barrowman jumping at the chance to go to Dunfermline, gifting us Ross Forbes in the process, deserves a medal in it's own right, regardless of anything he did on the pitch.

Archived