Morton v Peterhead

For anyone that hasn't seen it. Rae confirmed in today's Tele that Duffy would be here next season and he's got no idea why questions were raised over his future...and he expects the majority of this year's playing squad to remain. Nothing on budgets, but Championship survival is the aim, and "an ambition" to get into the playoffs, hmm.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AsimButtHitsASix, on 05 May 2015 - 18:51, said:

Does anyone mind the tackle of Jinky in the first half? Looked like a blatant red to me, dangerous with the foot off the ground, but ref gave nothing. No-one else has mentioned it since.

That's because it didn't happen probably.

AsimButtHitsASix, on 05 May 2015 - 19:06, said:

Or, more likely, the sending off, coming from behind, winning the league and all of that meant one bad tackle early doors was forgotten about.

Nah. Probably didn't happen.

It was a bad challenge. Lamie got sent off the week before for less and the red waved play-on :lol:

Was this the one halfway into the Morton half when the ball broke out of the Morton defense? If it is the one I am thinking about the ref was quite right, the ball was played. The Morton player rolled about, looked at the ref then got up. Probably been watching Dunfermline players IMO.

Was this the one halfway into the Morton half when the ball broke out of the Morton defense? If it is the one I am thinking about the ref was quite right, the ball was played. The Morton player rolled about, looked at the ref then got up. Probably been watching Dunfermline players IMO.

'The ball was played' is a relevant justification of a tackle from about 1978. Utterly irrelevant if he came through the back of the player as well.

As it was I didn't have a great view of it, but it didn't look like a very good tackle.

Anyone know if I can watch the highlights for this game anywhere? SPFL youtube channel are fucking hopeless.

Morton usually take their time getting the highlights up, I'd imagine about Thursday or Friday. Actually surprised Peterhead haven't put them up yet. The two trips we had up there the highlights were up before we got home IIRC.

Was one of them ones it happened so quickly I couldn't say for certain either way but it looked like a lunge off the ground and went right through his leg.

Replay will probably show an inch perfect tackle mind you....

Was one of them ones it happened so quickly I couldn't say for certain either way but it looked like a lunge off the ground and went right through his leg.

Replay will probably show an inch perfect tackle mind you....

I was thinking at the time that the crowd only started screaming for it after the 12th roll. :P

Be interesting to see it again on the highlights.

Morton usually take their time getting the highlights up, I'd imagine about Thursday or Friday. Actually surprised Peterhead haven't put them up yet. The two trips we had up there the highlights were up before we got home IIRC.

The highlights from the Peterhead games are done really quickly and all credit to the volunteers that do it. I don't think we video away games though, so we will have to rely on Mortons.

The highlights from the Peterhead games are done really quickly and all credit to the volunteers that do it. I don't think we video away games though, so we will have to rely on Mortons.

Definitely one of the better highlights packages... This season especially, some excellent scenes captured. :thumsup2

For anyone that hasn't seen it. Rae confirmed in today's Tele that Duffy would be here next season and he's got no idea why questions were raised over his future...and he expects the majority of this year's playing squad to remain. Nothing on budgets, but Championship survival is the aim, and "an ambition" to get into the playoffs, hmm.

I said weeks ago that Rae would back Duffy till Christmas at least if we won the league, and there wasn't anything in that article that should've come as a surprise to anyone. Well, apart maybe from the praise for the supporters at the end, maybe he's learning a wee bit about PR at last.......

Like it or not, Rae was never likely to dump Duffy if he won the title, no matter how much of a meal he made of it. Duffy has a year left on his contract and anyone looking at Rae's past history of backing managers till sometimes well past when he should've bagged them would've expected the Duff to remain in charge, no matter how much abuse the guy took in this wee backwater.

That's not to be taken as my unqualified backing of Duffy - based on what we've seen this season I'm worried about where we might be come Christmas - but it's a simple statement of the facts.

Would be good if there was a bit less of the knicker-wettingly hysterical anti-Duffy agenda over the summer and people just judged each signing or player release on its merits rather than be swayed by their own prejudices. Unlikely, I know, but it would be a pleasant change.

One year in the job, one championship, some fantastic signings.

What the f.... do guys want exactly?!

Perhaps some tactics and a game plan to go along with that one fantastic signing.

Archived