Morton v Peterhead

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Jim Duffy for a job well done in more difficult circumstances than many care to believe.

Right man for the job.

Roll on the Championship.

Congratulations to Jim Duffy for a job well done in more difficult circumstances than many care to believe.

Right man for the job.

Roll on the Championship.

Someone tried to start a "one Jim Duffy" chant. Nobody joined in. Says it all. Whilst we've somehow shambled across the line, we're a million miles from a competent footballing side - owing primarily to Duffy's incompetence in both transfer dealings and tactics. Duffy can still get tae.

Jamie McCluskey was excellent today. Best game in a Morton jersey by far. Backtracking, less step-overs and genuinely charging at defenders with intent. What a performance.

​Crighton was solid again and was unlucky not to score. Two players I criticise a lot absolutely working their arses off today. Credit where credit is due. Glad Duffy will go out on a high. He's not the manager for us but he's got another achievement under his belt. Well played.

I cannot wait until next season now. What a championship division that is turning out to be.

Just wanted to drop in and extend my congratulations to Morton. By all accounts you've been utterly rank and wanted your manager sacked, yet you've still hobbled over the line and got the job done regardless. Well done guys, getting the derbies back has provided the smallest crumb of comfort after one of the worst seasons in our history. Enjoy your night.

Was so typical of us to go behind. The red card woke us up and a big thanks to the Peterhead keeper for that second goal. After the break we stuttered and credit to the Blue Toon for pressing us back so often. Stevenson looked desperate to score when he came on. Much relief when Dec got the third.

Good natured pitch invasion, and incredibly civil the way the fans cleared the pitch when asked. Nice to see everyone booing Cockwomble when he came on for the presentation.

Until a week ago I could not see this happening. My boy has had a great day and is looking forward to seeing us play St. Mirren next season.

Archived