Wasps vs Coos At (more or less) High Noon

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 0-0 game all those years ago still remains probably the best day of my life. My memories include the feeling of sheer astonishment coming into the ground 20 mins before kick off to find the ground a sea of blue and white. I remember CO White crying like a bairn pointing to the beautiful sight. Remember after the final whistle being on the park celebrating and noticed that the alloa fans had come on the pitch. I thought oh here we go. I was expecting to be be met with a fist but instead was met with a warm handshake and a "well done". I'd like to think that might have happened if the roles were reversed ,sadly I'm not entirely sure it would have by some of our more excitable fans. The kirkford was great that night.

Fast forward to 2015. Same clubs meeting but the circumstances are so different. Two very poor sides, I've not been home this season but table doesn't lie, the prize is the same but doesn't exactly have the fans buzzing. Any result is possible such as the inconsistencies of the sides. I think 0-0 is the likeliest outcome. For my part I'll be in north kerry on the sidelines of my hurling clubs match. Making changes in personel and tactics. But my mind and heart will be elsewhere. Good luck

Last time we were in a wee boozer right on a corner, with Argos on same side

Ladbrokes on other side of road and spoons up the hill past bookies

Is there a pub called the Station bar with another across the road which I go to Those are the closest to the ground I have found

Is there a pub called the Station bar with another across the road which I go to Those are the closest to the ground I have found

Yes there is and the one across the road is Primrose Bar.

I just remember reading the interview in a programme, a lot of folk reckon programmes are out dated but good stories and facts can be found in them.

On that note the away fans might be interested to know that Graeme Brown is the feature tomorrow and if you're really keen the first part, which had more on his breakthrough at Cowden, was in the Alloa - QoS programme ;)

On that note the away fans might be interested to know that Graeme Brown is the feature tomorrow and if you're really keen the first part, which had more on his breakthrough at Cowden, was in the Alloa - QoS programme ;)

Does it mention him winning the talent spot on the Offside TV show many moons ago ?

Remember watching him scoring a hat trick for us at New Bayview. His second brief stint at Cowden was however a major disappointment to say the least.

So much for the early nite I'm slowly gettin pished. Think this early kick off pish is breaching ma human rights

Hopefully the Cowden players have a better pre game night regime than yourself. On the other hand I hope the Alloa players are following your example!

Must admit that I'm surprisingly laissez-faire about tomorrow. If we don't win, there'll be no arguments that we deserved to go down. Sort of expecting it, but you never know. Got the feeling that both teams will put on one of their worst performances and fizzle out. The prospect of play-offs does seem like a chore right now, but I'd imagine we'll feel differently if that's our fate by 2pm. No possibility of finishing 8th for us, as Livingston will win.

'Mon the Wasps anyway - one last push and see who's the best of the worst :P

Must admit that I'm surprisingly laissez-faire about tomorrow. If we don't win, there'll be no arguments that we deserved to go down. Sort of expecting it, but you never know. Got the feeling that both teams will put on one of their worst performances and fizzle out. The prospect of play-offs does seem like a chore right now, but I'd imagine we'll feel differently if that's our fate by 2pm. No possibility of finishing 8th for us, as Livingston will win.

'Mon the Wasps anyway - one last push and see who's the best of the worst :P

best of luck big feller

Archived