Wasps vs Coos At (more or less) High Noon

First time I've posted on here I normally just come on and read the comments.

I've recently moved up here and been watching cowden games.

I agree with Minertaur with this Marshall thing. Fans are looking for a scapegoat. He's a good player imo and showed a lot of determinism yesterday. The small group of fans who were shouting at him and booing him was out of order and I've never seen the likes of it before. He shouldn't have kicked the ball out of play but that was when we were already 3 nil down and everytime he was on the ball the fans were booing him. Not condoning it but think there has to be a bit of perspective here.

I hope Nish does get manager job but I also fancy Makes. It was a poor game yesterday and the better team won but I think the players tried too I didn't see anyone who I thought looked lazy or as if they never cared.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont post here often but Marshall was charged up too far.

He went tits at me in the first half cause i said "if youre running you need to pass on" he was just chasing like a jack russell and getting passed around.

I didnt boo, i didnt personally insult him and for those that know me i didnt even swear at him. I believe the initial two are counter productive.

So he was flying mentally the whole game.

I actually believe hes a good player but you cant do what he did.

We need to focus now and look to unite for next season.

when he gave abuse in the first half I don't think he was even being abused himself specifically,i was standing not far from where he seemed to be directing it.the continuation of his attitude was appalling,never seen anything like it on a football pitch.doubt he'll ever play for us again,should never be allowed to in any case.JN taking so long to sub him after his display of unprofessionalism was unbelievable-events at the end of the game show that it was a distinct possibility someone would try and have a go at him

:lol: I don't even know where to begin with that statement. He's not even the worst player who was on the pitch yesterday.

He's nowhere near Zeph Thomas, Daniel Jurisic Sandy Hodge, Michael Renwick to name just a few.

You're just blaming him for the defeat yesterday and not acknowledging the fact that others let the club down.

No you are right he's the most talented 'baller to play for Cowden. He's won the Fa youth cup and played in Japan, we were lucky to have him. The fact he cannot pass or tackle makes no difference.

Watched a diff occurance from me highland cowden one of the stewards got a hold of one of the lads walking over the pitch pushing him if you noticed quickly moved away whn he got abuse for the support. Get your point tho as the two lads walking over we're abit daft obviously hurting nothing would have happend..

No you are right he's the most talented 'baller to play for Cowden. He's won the Fa youth cup and played in Japan, we were lucky to have him. The fact he cannot pass or tackle makes no difference.

Did you read any of my post? :lol:

Just thought I would say well done and thank you to Alloa. I am glad that I won't have to watch football at Central Park next season. Good luck in the playoffs.

You didn't have to watch it this season ! Just stay away, we don't want you.

Think cowden phil is hurting as weall are. He prob knows himself Marshall isn't the worst cowden player ever FACT.. Anyways am sure we will never see mr Marshall in a cowden strip again would be amazed if he played for us next season better forgetting about the incident know over an done with.. Sure Marshall feels abit silly after his actions..

Did you read any of my post? :lol:

Naw lost interest after the bit where you slagged off Sandy Hodge. How dare you Big Sandy was quality for us. The likes of Marshall sums up why Scottish football is piss poor. No effort and thinking he can play, he thinks he is big time, he always takes the easy option in possession and is a coward. Hope he never plays football again.

I agree TMT. Was hard to watch yesterday and tensions were running high. That probably can be said for both the players and the fans.

We need to start focusing on next season now.

Hope Marshall adds yesterdays incident to his "Promo video" on YouTube.

Technically competent player. Reads the game and can pass - sideways- not the 40/50 yards spots that are on that video.

Not what we needed this season. We had sitting midfielders on the books. We needed an attack minded box to box player who could shoot.

Another of JNs waste of money signings - who appeared to be first pick when available leading to an unbalanced, unthreatening team.

In a season with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs I thanks Colin Marshall. He's given us a memorable moment in the season.

Between that, us losing 10-0 and bringing on a sub that wasn't listed that's my top 3 moments for comedy value.

Thank you Colin.

As a side note, a boy was telling me Jim Weir apparently leathered him and he stormed out of Forfar when he was asked to come on as a sub. Great guy.

Naw lost interest after the bit where you slagged off Sandy Hodge. How dare you Big Sandy was quality for us. The likes of Marshall sums up why Scottish football is piss poor. No effort and thinking he can play, he thinks he is big time, he always takes the easy option in possession and is a coward. Hope he never plays football again.

Ah yes Sandy Hodge was a star for us right enough.

I think Marshall always looks for the ball and never hides in games. I don't think he's great - just that he is getting a lot of unfair stick about his performances this season.

Hope Marshall adds yesterdays incident to his "Promo video" on YouTube.

Technically competent player. Reads the game and can pass - sideways- not the 40/50 yards spots that are on that video.

Not what we needed this season. We had sitting midfielders on the books. We needed an attack minded box to box player who could shoot.

Another of JNs waste of money signings - who appeared to be first pick when available leading to an unbalanced, unthreatening team.

You forgot his slide rule pass to set up a goal at CP. unfortunately it was backwards and straight to the feet of Cummings to kill the game for them.

Summed up his season really.

Too he fair it probably is deserved but not directly at him, more at the team as a collective. He's not been the worst player for us by a long shot but I can understand why people are slating him now as he acted like a total dick.

Took the words right out of my mouth muzza correct indeed.. If he had just accepted the shouts like most players get thn we would not have been talking about him at all..

Well I was disappointed in the group of cowden fans who were hurling the abuse just as much as I think he shouldn't have reacted. Think it was a shocking display that fans would shout at their players like that.

Can we move on now this is getting boring....

Archived