Wasps vs Coos At (more or less) High Noon

As far as I understand it Jimmy hasn't been sacked. His contract is up soon and I'm guessing it just wont be renewed. Why sack him when he's in his last month anyway?

sacked, resigned or mutual agreement. unimportant really. he wont be back. wasps1 says so.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I understand it Jimmy hasn't been sacked. His contract is up soon and I'm guessing it just wont be renewed. Why sack him when he's in his last month anyway?

So that its recorded as a sacking. Reflects on his cv and warns other unsuspecting clubs from employing a bad manager. 2 relegations with 1 club tells its story. Players have to take their share of the blame but there was obviously something wrong internally this season. The players performances point to a problem with the manager and his attitude towards them. Rumours coming out of the dressing room have suggested this.

Sack him.

And another thing. In case anybody forgets, he signed Jurisic, Higgins x2, Campbell (as a favour?) and more. That tells me he doesn't know a decent level of football player if 1 punched him in the coupon- certainly not Championship standard.

He needed to replace 2 forwards. He needed to strengthen midfield. Someone with connections to the board told me they wanted him to spend some of his budget on a "marquee signing" - a forward. He decided to go for depth of squad. Mistake.

We suffered from the off with attacking teams. Gallagher was our only threat. When he was recalled that threat was gone.

You would think with his previous clubs connections he would be able to get some decent loans. Wrong.

Sack him.

I'm not bitter or vindictive tho. No.

Hurting.

So that its recorded as a sacking. Reflects on his cv and warns other unsuspecting clubs from employing a bad manager. 2 relegations with 1 club tells its story. Players have to take their share of the blame but there was obviously something wrong internally this season. The players performances point to a problem with the manager and his attitude towards them. Rumours coming out of the dressing room have suggested this.

Sack him.

He has another job anyway. It would look ridiculous for the board to sack him now after they stuck with him to the very bitter end and they won't do it. He offered to resign 3 times already according to him during the season and he was kept on.

The most important thing now is to get a young, enthusiastic manager in who is hungry for success and looking to make a name for himself in the game. A major rebuild is needed so I hope we are already looking.

He does have the excuse that players won't sign for Cowden if other options are available to them because of facilities and wages.

I don't expect many of this seasons players to be hanging around. I don't want any of this seasons signings staying.

Hopefully some of our loyal longstanding players decide to stay to give s new manager something to work with. Pity the guy who decides to take that on.

Hopefully we have something to cheer/ get enthused about next season.

C u then.

I don't want any of this seasons signings staying.

Thomson, Brownlie and Hughes were all signings this season. I'd certainly want to keep Thomson and Brownlie. Hughes probably as we haven't really seen what he can do yet. The boys barely had a chance.

Add scullion to tht mix an thn you can see how our season has turned out how it has.. Jimmy lost the changing room months ago heard some of his team talks were laughable tbh.. At the end of the day his contract will either be let run out or will be terminated. Young new forward thinking manger is a must for us.. Am sure there will be alot of names in the hat for the cowden job.. No place in football for old dinosaur managers anymore in my opinion... Wish jimmy all the best am sure he will still make a good living with his Irish job an sportsmans dinners...

Thomson, Brownlie and Hughes were all signings this season. I'd certainly want to keep Thomson and Brownlie. Hughes probably as we haven't really seen what he can do yet. The boys barely had a chance.

Thomson won't stay. His twitter posts come across as billybigtime.

I was including Brownlie from previous season. But when Jordan White stuck it thru his legs for number 2 I went off him.

Hughes isn't interested.

Was it regulars that we're giving Marshall stick?

Yes me. He's a terrible football player and it's about time he jacked it. Ran around like a demented monkey and contributed nothing as he had done all season. Steph McConalogue put in a better shift than that wee prima donna.

Cowden phil abit harsh on Marshall defo isn't a terrible football player but a do agree he thinks he is alot better thn he is defo his antics yest were an utter joke. Donald should have ripped up his contract after the game tbh.. Herd he got it tight after the game of the players should hopefully he will learn an stop acting like a billy big time. Anyway he will be away next season will prob end up at the pars him an falkingham in midfield for thm will bet utter hate figures.. FTP!!

Yes me. He's a terrible football player and it's about time he jacked it. Ran around like a demented monkey and contributed nothing as he had done all season. Steph McConalogue put in a better shift than that wee prima donna.

Take it you're not a fan? :lol:

Didn't think Marshall was too bad yesterday. Won a few 50/50's and at least showed some fight. I've never boo'd anyone on our team. What benefit does that bring to anyone? I would have been happy to have him back next season if we were in this league.

You could go through the whole team and only a couple actually did well. Far too many players had bad days. Brownlie struggled, Robertson misplaced every pass, Buchanan had no support, Higgins was his usual anonymous self and Nish who cant win headers was made to try and win a header every 2 mins. We got our tactics wrong.

Sack him.

Do you think Jimmy will get another managers gig with or without a sacking? He now goes off to work with Northern Ireland and won't be back at club football anytime soon.

There's no need to rush anything. There is a board meeting coming up and I'm sure there will be an update after that.

Dont post here often but Marshall was charged up too far.

He went tits at me in the first half cause i said "if youre running you need to pass on" he was just chasing like a jack russell and getting passed around.

I didnt boo, i didnt personally insult him and for those that know me i didnt even swear at him. I believe the initial two are counter productive.

So he was flying mentally the whole game.

I actually believe hes a good player but you cant do what he did.

We need to focus now and look to unite for next season.

Take it you're not a fan? :lol:

Didn't think Marshall was too bad yesterday. Won a few 50/50's and at least showed some fight. I've never boo'd anyone on our team. What benefit does that bring to anyone? I would have been happy to have him back next season if we were in this league.

You could go through the whole team and only a couple actually did well. Far too many players had bad days. Brownlie struggled, Robertson misplaced every pass, Buchanan had no support, Higgins was his usual anonymous self and Nish who cant win headers was made to try and win a header every 2 mins. We got our tactics wrong.

But Marshall is the worst player I have ever seen play for Cowdenbeath Fc.

But Marshall is the worst player I have ever seen play for Cowdenbeath Fc.

:lol: I don't even know where to begin with that statement. He's not even the worst player who was on the pitch yesterday.

He's nowhere near Zeph Thomas, Daniel Jurisic Sandy Hodge, Michael Renwick to name just a few.

You're just blaming him for the defeat yesterday and not acknowledging the fact that others let the club down.

Seriously? Were the in the stand?

no,they crossed the pitch after most folk had left,a steward was there but never had the bottle to stop them,prob fair enough.they were most way across when a group of stewards and someone who may have been an alloa director stopped them.at no point did the any of these guys use excessive force on the 2 despite the abuse being hurled at them from the sidelines by some of our "support"

Archived