Who is Scotland's best player?

1. S.Fletcher - The only forward player with the ability to hold the ball up. His touch vision and craft are the main reason why we've started the campaign so well. He's the difference between a performances against Ireland, Poland, Germany where we are able to clear out lines and retain possession, and the dross served up against England ( or Poland when he was subbed). S. Fletcher in behind Jordan Rhodes has to the be way forward. It worked a treat when Strachan finally gave it ago in the last game.

2. S. Brown - Agree with others, he's the heartbeat of the team and also a goal threat for Scotland. A worthy captain.

3. A. Robertson - Simply much better than Forsyth or Whittaker. I hope he's joined in the next squad by Graham Shinnie.

4. S. Maloney - Probably the smartest player we've produced in a long time, but he needs the right blend or pace and height around him and played centrally. He's been our main man this campaign.

5. I Anya - A limited player who's been just terrific. His pace is missed when he's out.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe there are people leaving out Brown and Snodgrass.

All about opinions so fair enough but really?!

For me, Brown isn't as nailed on a starter in my mind as Naismith, Martin and Anya are. Think we are weaker without them. Can cope without Brown.

Snoddy I'd agree with but he has been injured all season so didn't count him.

Ikechi anya, while not a world beater, has completely transformed us. Without his pace we were an honest 'hard to beat' type side. With it we can tear weak teams apart or punish stronger sides on the counter attack.

All the more reason to get Matt Phillips on the other wing. Very pacey (not as much as Anya) but far more comfortable wity both feet and has far better skill and technique. We could finally be truly effective on the counter.

David Marshall. Don't understand how he didn't get a bigger gig after his performance in the Premier League last season. Baffling really.

Craig Gordon to me is the best player at Strachan's disposal. If most don't believe he's world class, he's as close to being world class as what Scotland have got or had in a long time. Robertson, Brown and Anya are massive too. Johnny Russell and Stuart Armstrong will be integral to Scotland in coming years.

Got to agree with David Marshall comment though. After his performances for Scotland and Cardiff in the Premiership throughout 2013/14, it's unbelievable really how he isn't atleast still playing in the Premiership. Up there with the best in Europe last season. Always been a superb keeper but could argue he's the most transformed player since Strachan took over.

Nah. We've proved on a couple of occasions we can get by alright without Brown.

ETA: Plus he's an ugly w**k.

By get by do you mean we look noticeably worse without Brown? If so then agreed.

Hard question and a sign that we are a team first, would be nice to have a stand out player but I don't think we do. Brown would be probably be the first name on the team sheet so I would go with him although Snodgrass has certainly put in some good shifts.

I just don't rate Brown at all, never have. I don't doubt his passion but he's little more than a hammer thrower in my eyes. Snodgrass when fit is our best player - just wish he was a bit pacier.

I just don't rate Brown at all, never have. I don't doubt his passion but he's little more than a hammer thrower in my eyes. Snodgrass when fit is our best player - just wish he was a bit pacier.

What?!? I agree with Snoddy being our best player but our team is noticeably shitter without Brown in midfield. How can you not rate him?!

Crackin player!

Archived