Thanks guys remember reading about him wanting our or to retire.

Actually went to see the Heed towards the end of last season v Forest Green when Cowden had a free Saturday , quite enjoyed my day there.

It's a rotten park though. I stick to Northern League and Blyth in that area.

Thanks guys remember reading about him wanting our or to retire.

Actually went to see the Heed towards the end of last season v Forest Green when Cowden had a free Saturday , quite enjoyed my day there.

He as ivo says is still active in the club but at the age of 71 decided to step down from the ownership side.

Not sure if they still do it but if you had a Newcastle or Sunderland season ticket you got into the "Heed " games for £10 as opposed to normal £15 on production of season ticket.

Quite a good initiative if one or other away from home and ye fancied a fitba fix.

Would love them in a new ground though as that athletics track makes it a difficult atmosphere. They'll never be a big club but football league status is a must for their small band of hard core travelling fans.

He as ivo says is still active in the club but at the age of 71 decided to step down from the ownership side. Not sure if they still do it but if you had a Newcastle or Sunderland season ticket you got into the "Heed " games for £10 as opposed to normal £15 on production of season ticket. Quite a good initiative if one or other away from home and ye fancied a fitba fix. Would love them in a new ground though as that athletics track makes it a difficult atmosphere. They'll never be a big club but football league status is a must for their small band of hard core travelling fans.

They were still doing the £10 for Newcastle and Sunderland season ticket holders last season when I was down.

It's a rotten park though. I stick to Northern League and Blyth in that area.

I just wanted to tick them off Sarge. Its a wee bit better than Meadowbank however as the main stand just has the running track and no long jump pit in front of it.

Blyth is a cracking wee ground went there last pre season to see Cowden play there. Good old school venue.

Edited by cowdenbeath

I just wanted to tick them off Sarge. Its a wee bit better than Meadowbank however as the main stand just has the running track and no long jump pit in front of it.

Blyth is a cracking wee ground went there last pre season to see Cowden play there. Good old school venue.

Same here. Went to the Gateshead v Newcastle friendly this season. Then South Shields the following day.

• 4 months later...

This has only just occurred to me, but FCUM sounds suspiciously like "f**k 'em". No doubt a coincidence, but it would explain why they decided to run with surely the most tortuous team name in England, if they were just trying to shoehorn it into an acronym.

Not sure why so many people seem to think they'll settle in at Conference level TBH. Even with their current crowds, they'd be a mid-table League Two side, and you'd imagine that would increase at least a wee bit if they made it into the Football League. I'm not as current on the English pyramid as I used to be, but are there really many sugar daddies keeping clubs afloat in the lower leagues?

Also, it's Alshit Ferguscum, FFS.

Alshit fergpisscum

Shame to see FC United running in to some issues. That article is a good read - spotted it on Facebook a couple of days back. I find it hard to dislike FCUM as, even despite the political debates that seem to be dividing their stakeholders, they are still absolutely miles ahead of some clubs in terms of structure and processes off the park.

A while back Berwick Supporters Club were asked by the club's board to come up with some ideas on how the club could improve, I decided to look to best practice, went through their site and also sat and read through their AGM resolutions. Some of the stuff they are doing is fantastic -  they are miles ahead of most clubs in terms of communications as their ownership essentially demands that - but there's nothing to say clubs with different ownership structures can't learn from that.

• 1 month later...

Bunch of faux commie attention seeking arrogant gobshites who give it the big one whenever they go away. All the cliches are relevant regarding them, well in with St Pauli and probably the Green Brigade in time. Plenty of decent non league teams in Manchester they could follow instead of this ego trip they are on...Hyde, Curzon Ashton, Stalybridge Celtic, Altrincham, Radcliffe Borough etc

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...