You have to admire them for really honourable and impressive feat of running and building their own football club basically from scratch, but at the same time they appear to be a bunch of self-congratulatory wanky uber fans

You have to admire them for really honourable and impressive feat of running and building their own football club basically from scratch, but at the same time they appear to be a bunch of self-congratulatory wanky uber fans

^ this

Very impressive but is there a glass ceiling for them and what happens further up the ladder when Sky money starts dictating more and more kick-off times etc.

Will their principles be compromised?

Their chairman seem like a right fud. He has this smug 'this is how you run a football club lads' attitude, as if the way every other club in football is a shambles.

This.

I think they're a bunch of twats. H2H.

Entitled to your opinion mate!

Well I dunno Craig, I see them much the same as Clydebank fans that built their team up from nothing and run a tight ship but run it well. Where you see the SCWUF (Can't be bothered typing all that out!) I see proud of the achievements of what they have built.

I would agree with you if they were OOT over the new stadium they almost have finished, they are growing at a good rate and I hope it is sustainable.

^ this

Very impressive but is there a glass ceiling for them and what happens further up the ladder when Sky money starts dictating more and more kick-off times etc.

Will their principles be compromised?

Thats where I don't know mate, I am thinking that they will make it into the football league eventually, perhaps even rest at the league 2 level. I have questions unless they continue to grow and get in crowds about 20-30k (ten times their current size) I dont see how they can maintain salaries that would be required to work at that level.

Their chairman seem like a right fud. He has this smug 'this is how you run a football club lads' attitude, as if the way every other club in football is a shambles.

In some cases you may have a point!

Their fans were a set of bell ends when I saw them. I think it was their first season and they played at the town I live in. They brought quite a lot with them and they were just queue jumping in the boozers like they owned the place and putting stickers everywhere saying something like 'f**k the Glaziers'. All over shop windows, lamp posts etc, they were everywhere!

A couple of blokes in their 40's started on an old guy when he was just trying to make conversation asking them about what it was like following a completely new team.

They strike me as the type of folk who somehow believe they're a massive club because they have a large fan base for that level. And shove it down everyones throats.

And theyll likely disappear once they reach a level where they become small fish.

They strike me as the type of folk who somehow believe they're a massive club because they have a large fan base for that level. And shove it down everyones throats.

And theyll likely disappear once they reach a level where they become small fish.

It's the self-righteousness that they preach with. It's kind of like the #AMF bollocks... If you don't agree with us you aren't a proper fan. It's the same sanctimony that we heard from AFC Wimbledon supporters, who seemed to think they operated on some kind of elevated moral footing.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't they said that they'll never play at a level where they'd have to choose between their principles and the Sky money? Or something similarly self-righteous.

Edited by forameus

I thought that to start with but when you are building a ground like this you are not going to stop overnight.

bxqlqEe.jpg

BZaE9FW.jpg

I don't know the full situation of there story but I know the club was started in protest to the Glasiers take over of united. Rangers fans went on protest, with pretty much everyone tbf, Newcastle are having a protest against Ashley just now, none of them have abandoned there clubs completely to make a new one. This just makes me think that at any point they could abandon FCUM at any point.

It's the self-righteousness that they preach with. It's kind of like the #AMF bollocks... If you don't agree with us you aren't a proper fan. It's the same sanctimony that we heard from AFC Wimbledon supporters, who seemed to think they operated on some kind of elevated moral footing.

This. 1000x this.

Can't help but think it's a waste having terracing in new builds. I know it gives an increased capacity but it also means a rebuild job in the future usually.

Can't help but think it's a waste having terracing in new builds. I know it gives an increased capacity but it also means a rebuild job in the future usually.

Are there restrictions on terracing in England outside of the Premier League? They perhaps feel there is a natural peak the club can reach and there is no point in spending money now that will never really be of benefit to them? Looking at picture above there isn't a great deal of scope for increasing the size of the stadium by too much, so not sure if they would even upgrade that stadium if they somehow managed to get to a level where that is an issue.