Dundee United vs Celtic

We looked well organised and comfortable on the ball in the first half. When was the last time anyone could say that about United ?

MoM for me was Soutar - plays with much more confidence when he isn't the last man. His distribution from there is so much better and gave the opportunity for muirhead to break forward. Please with him as well. Dicker was much better as well, look more like his old self. Erskine had a good first half, with invelitable fade away in the second. Surprised he wasn't hooked. Spittal did well too, just a shame to not keep up the tempo after losing the first goal.

Anier just looks like a lost soul- think his contract was 2 years?. What's bilate's? We desperately need an out and out stricker again. A big lad up front.

Who would take brain graham back now? ( or john daly?)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go look up and see how many bookings he has picked up this season and then get back to us. Thanks

He's had 12 or 13 I think? He gets away with murder playing for Celtic though. He had 11 of Celtic's 16 fouls in one of the the March games against United and didn't get booked - if that's not perssitent fouling then goodness knows what is.

He consistently goes flying into tackles because he knows it takes an awful lot for him to get booked.

Neither. Both are not good enough and i dont want us resorting to long hopeful punts to a big striker again

Fair enough, I was at it, but the question is, who do we have that is good enough?

Is bilate? He's got these injuries and what it. Do ewe take a punt on him for another season? Is Simon Murray the answer?

Graham's pish, you're welcome to him.

Maybe, but he's got 8 goals this season and he's not a guaranteed starter. Half his appearances are off the bench. He's exactly what United could do with. Instead you've got the perm-crock and Anier. He's not a great player, but he fills a backup role well.

Brian Grahams already said theres no chance he's returning to Dundee United anyway, so this is pretty pointless speculation.

Anier is brutal and Bilate should be gone in the summer. We cant keep paying a wage to someone whos continually crocked. We will have to see what Murray is like at the top level but im not holding out much hope. Id be looking to bring in an experienced forward from somewhere

Maybe, but he's got 8 goals this season and he's not a guaranteed starter. Half his appearances are off the bench. He's exactly what United could do with. Instead you've got the perm-crock and Anier. He's not a great player, but he fills a backup role well.

How many have been penalties?

All three are rubbish. We really, really need to keep Ciftci for another season but I suspect Thommo's eyes will light up at the dollar signs and he'll be away to Celtic/some Turkish team for half a mil.

Ha ha - no! He had a great first half, and I think it's safe to say we are all impressed - but it's too early to put all our goal scoring hopes on his shoulders.

Doesn't he like to play of a main striker anyway?

I reckon he's a natural centre forward. I know he played a lot for Kilmarnock in an attacking midfield position but I suspect that was more down to age than anything.

He's absolutely not what we could do with. Nowhere near good enough to be a regular and, to his credit, not content with being a back-up. Anier's been poor but no worse than Graham was. In any event, Anier's already dropped to fourth choice and we have another guy coming in the summer which will see him drop to fifth place (and almost certainly an early release).

Brian Graham, more goals than any United player outwith Ciftci, still not good enough :lol: I'd happily say he'd have scored more than any of the other strikers you've wedged into that position this season

I reckon he's a natural centre forward. I know he played a lot for Kilmarnock in an attacking midfield position but I suspect that was more down to age than anything.

Hope you're right. He has the pace and that fizzing shot from outside the box in the first half wasn't miles away. Long time we've seen something like that so definitely a good prospect.

Brian Graham, more goals than any United player outwith Ciftci, still not good enough :lol: I'd happily say he'd have scored more than any of the other strikers you've wedged into that position this season

Get a grip of yourself you silly cunt.

Anier is brutal and Bilate should be gone in the summer. We cant keep paying a wage to someone whos continually crocked. We will have to see what Murray is like at the top level but im not holding out much hope. Id be looking to bring in an experienced forward from somewhere

Bilate is under contract for another year. Same goes with Anier. We cant just get rid of people in the summer unless someone wants them which is highly unlikely. If they are released their contracts or the vast majority of them will have to be paid up.

Archived