Courtsiding

fanny paddery

Why would Bet365 be unwilling to pay out £10000?

Does that not answer itself?

I've never seen someone white knighting for bookies before. It's an interesting posting strategy, I'll give you that.

It's all in their system, it would be easily audited if they were doing that. The display error is unfortunate but the guy would have known what order he bet as it was displayed properly elsewhere, he's a chancer and he quite rightly got told to bolt.

Where else would it be displayed properly other than in the unsettled bets section?

What's that got to do with a losing bet being settled as a loser?

You're the one posting like the bookies are run by vestal virgins, if a bookie can get out of a £10k payment they will.

Saints are coming. You clearly went and researched it off your own and found what I was on about. What do I have to gain about lying about some guy I have never even met? You have a raging hard on for the bookies. Red neck.

The guy can appeal to the Ombudsman but if the bet as stated was only displayed wrongly they are never going to pay out. They will not pay out when they don't have to. The Ombudsman will rule in Bet365's favour but they can fine Bet365 and implement changes to ensure that doesn't happen again.

I would have liked to have heard what Bet365 offered as a good will gesture. Also I would like to see Bet365 take repsonsibility for the display error and ensure all tricast and forecasts are displayed as they should be. I would still say it was worth referring it to an independent panel.

They offered a fifty pound free bet. Pretty sure they've rectified the issue now.

It is a bit more generous than their usual tenner!

Considering how much they pay Ray WInstone for that awful adverts they could have pushed the boat out a bit more. Offered him a day at the races with a £20 free bet on every race, certainly wouldn't cost them much at all.

• 5 years later...
On 01/05/2015 at 13:01, Karpaty said:

At smaller events such as the Albanian second division or whatever, surely the bookmakers would have a scout there rather than watching it on a stream if such a stream was available? Don't see how the punter would have an advantage if they are both watching it in real time.

Hi Karpaty,

What was the outcome on this? Did you ever find an answer? 

As my thoughts are if you are at the lower league remote european games, surely you'll be quicker to place the bet watching live.

IE, I am at the game, on the phone to my friend who is at home and already has the next goal loaded on betting sites (one on laptop one on phone one on ipad etc)

As soon as a goal goes in i say place bet, he clicks a button almost instantanesouly (no VAR as I am watching a game such as Prague u19s/Minsk Reserves)

This must be quicker than the scout going back to the bookies to tell them a goal has been scored?

Thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks