Play-Off of the Day - Saturday 25th April

Grim O'Grady

Are you going & if so...  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BBC did mention it occasionally through the post-match discussion, that it was still tied at 1-1 and going to penalties and so on. Kheridine Idessane, or whatever his name is, also mentioned that Brora would face Montrose when he ran-through playoff details.

However the ties weren't covered by the PA or whatever they are. They didn't show on the vidiprinter. And I had expected Radio Scotland to have sent a reporter to each leg, and the SFA to have been tweeting updates (ties were under their jurisdiction).

I think it's just a symptom of how the media has been very late to understand the entire thing... BBC only put a dotted line over 10th in SPFL2 a couple of weeks ago. They had a constantly-updated article on the status of promotion and relegation across British football on the go and obviously whoever wrote it only had the SPFL rulebook and rumour to go on - they thought the playoff involved Montrose, Brora, Edinburgh City and "a club nominated by the SFA", as if some wildcard would be thrown in randomly. Cleary for many the existence of promotion/relegation barely registered till Brora's bleats.

I imagine they will give 'proper' coverage next week as Montrose are involved and it's under SPFL jurisdiction.

You'd also hope for better SF coverage next season, after this season having happened.

Seemed to already have started based around yesterday's sun having half a page on the game and a two page spread on Paul hegarty trying to keep Montrose in the league. And this from the league sponsor of city. Disappointing.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edinburgh were lucky quite a few Brora players were missing tbh. It could've been done in 90 minutes.

Montrose will be shitting themselves now then, unless they boys are away on another jolly, shame no one told them about the play-offs seeing as they were deemed most likely to be in them since before the start of the season?

Grimbo

Away from home....any way no point moaning about it. City did well to draw both games which was a good result for them and a poor result for Brora. Brora showed they could beat them earlier in the season.

I would also imagine the striker that played in the Champions league for City would pose more of a threat than all of Brora's supposed 'highly paid players'

Didn't think he played in the game at brora though- did he? Scored in the first game mind.

Grant Munro...Zander Sutherland...just a few with SPL experience. Suppose it wouldn't have made a difference at all...

These guys played in the first leg though, why didn't they win 5-0 and end the tie.

BTW Granty's put on a few pounds eh?

Not too sure Tarmo would get a game for Brora mind you.

BBC did mention it occasionally through the post-match discussion, that it was still tied at 1-1 and going to penalties and so on. Kheridine Idessane, or whatever his name is, also mentioned that Brora would face Montrose when he ran-through playoff details.

However the ties weren't covered by the PA or whatever they are. They didn't show on the vidiprinter. And I had expected Radio Scotland to have sent a reporter to each leg, and the SFA to have been tweeting updates (ties were under their jurisdiction).

I think it's just a symptom of how the media has been very late to understand the entire thing... BBC only put a dotted line over 10th in SPFL2 a couple of weeks ago. They had a constantly-updated article on the status of promotion and relegation across British football on the go and obviously whoever wrote it only had the SPFL rulebook and rumour to go on - they thought the playoff involved Montrose, Brora, Edinburgh City and "a club nominated by the SFA", as if some wildcard would be thrown in randomly. Cleary for many the existence of promotion/relegation barely registered till Brora's bleats.

I imagine they will give 'proper' coverage next week as Montrose are involved and it's under SPFL jurisdiction.

You'd also hope for better SF coverage next season, after this season having happened.

BBC site doesn't list the SPFL play offs, not even the Rangers game, in their fixtures section.

What chance do the HL / LL clubs have?

Archived