Play-Off of the Day - Saturday 25th April

Grim O'Grady

Are you going & if so...  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was at this, Brora should've been three up by half time. I thought city were poor, no midfield whatsoever. Brora have a bit more quality imo and city will have to up their game a lot to get through.

Meadowbank is farqing freezing in that main stand and that's when it's sunny!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at this, Brora should've been three up by half time. I thought city were poor, no midfield whatsoever. Brora have a bit more quality imo and city will have to up their game a lot to get through.

lovely warm pies were on sale as were scarves and hats...

..anyway for coldness try the Pennypit. Rumour has it Captain Scott trained there prior going to the Antarctic... :lol:

I was a bit disappointed at the goal we lost. Shegs went down injured in the box, I think our defence were expecting the ref to stop play but play carried on. We should have hoofed the ball up the park but fair play to Brora for carrying on and scoring a perfectly good equaliser- the lesson is always play to the whistle.

The big black boy think his name is Mbu is lethal in the air he wins EVERYTHING only one winner in an aerial battle with him and he was solid all game for City also Citys number 9 goalscorer had a good game aswell even tho Brora where the better team in the first half City upped it second half and deserved a draw

It is used in the Aerospace industry as a wind tunnel. There was no breeze outside the stadium just for those sitting in the stand.

The game at Brora will suit City. Their very well equipped to sit in and suck teams on to them and play on the counter. All the pressure is on Brora. With big budgets and big names, comes expectation. I've saw enough of both leagues to know that if City perform as they can, then they WILL win. All the very best.

It is used in the Aerospace industry as a wind tunnel. There was no breeze outside the stadium just for those sitting in the stand.

From personal experience I can tell of at least four places that are worse:

1) Hibs Training Centre, Ormiston

2) Albyn Park, Broxburn

3) Easthouses Lily's ground

4) Civil Service's ground

Windier than Johnny Fartparts after a night on the vindaloo those places! You may also ask why there are wind turbines at the back of K Park and none at Meadowbank!

Slight potential boost for City ahead of the 2nd leg: as Grant Munro, who was as solid at the back for Brora as Mbu was at the other end, confirms he's missing the match due to his parents wedding anniversary. Or at least so says today's Scotsman.

Anyone got the full line-ups for the tie, including substitutions, btw? Unfortunately, it seems that the BBC and stat agencies are only treating the playoff final as a "league" level match. Only got crowd (908) from City's twitter.

EDIT: FitbaNorth also claims Zander Sutherland is off to Hamburg on a stag party... But might just be mind games and either way they still retain plenty of quality in the team and the replacements to come in if required.

Slight potential boost for City ahead of the 2nd leg: as Grant Munro, who was as solid at the back for Brora as Mbu was at the other end, confirms he's missing the match due to his parents wedding anniversary. Or at least so says today's Scotsman.

EDIT: FitbaNorth also claims Zander Sutherland is off to Hamburg on a stag party... But might just be mind games and either way they still retain plenty of quality in the team and the replacements to come in if required.

Story about the players being ambivalent about promotion checking out if that's true!...

Broras early excuses started?!. The level of commitment from both players is poor to say the least. Stag doo and anniversary?! And how much do they get paid per week. Sorry but at this level, and the importance of the game, to me its a disgrace.

Christ you ARE Micky Lawson!

Much as we can all say that it's outrageous for these guys to miss it., they probably arranged these things in advance at a time that Brora were actively voicing that they were not going to participate.

We'd all like to think that we'd be able to commit to it but these guys are part time players and as such the list of priorities for them doesn't have and shouldn't have football right at the top.

i agree in part 'surely not'. but these players are most likely signed professionals, paid rather handsomely for playing football part time. which usually means giving up atleast 2 or 3 hours on a saturday afternoon. harsh i know,but thats the life of a footballer. stag doo and an anniversary over a play off??......sure their team mates love them guys(to their faces.????).

i agree in part 'surely not'. but these players are most likely signed professionals, paid rather handsomely for playing football part time. which usually means giving up atleast 2 or 3 hours on a saturday afternoon. harsh i know,but thats the life of a footballer. stag doo and an anniversary over a play off??......sure their team mates love them guys(to their faces.).

2 or 3 hours? Most players staying in edinburgh and playing for spartans would spend more than that time at the ground! Given that almost every away journey for a brora player involves a full day away, these guys will have committed a lot of time already. When you add in that most will also have to travel a fair distance to train then I think it's harsh.

I will concede that the brora players will be handsomely paid but most non league players will pick up less than £20 a week!

well i rest my case. its the brora lads i refer to my good friend.

Wind your neck in, im sure people like Munro play at that level so they can balance their commitments. Otherwise he'd be playing at a higher level (as he looks more than capable), maybe he wants to spend more time with his family etc. who are you to judge.

From personal experience I can tell of at least four places that are worse:

1) Hibs Training Centre, Ormiston

2) Albyn Park, Broxburn

3) Easthouses Lily's ground

4) Civil Service's ground

Windier than Johnny Fartparts after a night on the vindaloo those places! You may also ask why there are wind turbines at the back of K Park and none at Meadowbank!

tam obviously never been to eyemouth on a good day

Archived