Play-Off of the Day - Saturday 25th April

Grim O'Grady

Are you going & if so...  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just read Brora aren't that keen to go up, Edinburgh City weren't that keen to progress and Montrose would like to come down into the Highland league. Funny old game fitba in this country like

what a load of utter bollocks :D

not one single Montrose official, player or fan wants to drop into the Highland League, and Edinburgh have been desperate to come up for years.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read Brora aren't that keen to go up, Edinburgh City weren't that keen to progress and Montrose would like to come down into the Highland league. Funny old game fitba in this country like

not one single Montrose official, player or fan wants to drop into the Highland League, and Edinburgh have been desperate to come up for years.

Well, one out of three's not bad!

No even Mad Hamish? ;)

Edinburgh were lucky quite a few Brora players were missing tbh. It could've been done in 90 minutes.

Well every newspaper report seemed to suggest that the brora keeper made two great saves from one on ones in first half to prevent them going three down. Not much reported in terms of brora chances. Were there many?

brora pay very high wages, have a large experienced squad, and have basically been miles ahead of evrry team in the highland league. expectations from up north were they are far better than anything the lowland league has. having had 3 chances to prove this, and in games when city had 10 men, brora only once managed to beat city, and that was by the odd goal.

Exactly, they had 3 defenders IIRC out

And one of their best attackers

There seems to be no denying that, but I'm asking about the chances they created that led to your announcement that they probably should have won in 90 mins. I can't find a report anywhere that seems to suggest that Brora should have.

For those of us that couldn't manage to travel the length of the country on Saturday, could you or indeed one of the city fans on here give us a report?

I said if they had a full team out they would've. Read before you reply

So how could it have been done in 90? Oh, so if my auntie had a winkie she'd be my uncle?

Think with the exception of Tokely they were all available last week where Broras scored in the last ten to equalise. All about opinions though.

Was the game filmed at all? Essentially the biggest match in the history of non league football in scotland- hopefully one of the tv channels sent someone along.

Radio Scotland didn't even mention it in the results. Thought Richard Gordon would have had an interest.

I hate this stuff. Why were they out? Injured? At a wedding? Stag do? They weren't there which is tough luck and part of the game. Change your training or physio or buy players that are less injury prone or more reliable. They could evenhave played and City would have won but we'll never know.

Have City got cause for lodging an appeal? There must be some rule were a team has to play their full strength team.

As Rab said you cannot speculate about what would have happened, if only this or that etc.

Radio Scotland didn't even mention it in the results. Thought Richard Gordon would have had an interest.

Very disappointing. I know he mentioned it on tam cowans early show the week before as they discussed it then but the lack of coverage of it probably doesn't fill many of the current spfl 2 teams with confidence of being involved in a structure that is as professional as the one they're currently in.

Tam Cowan and the other one with the huge chip on his shoulder mentioned on their show. I heard it on the way back from Gala.

BBC did mention it occasionally through the post-match discussion, that it was still tied at 1-1 and going to penalties and so on. Kheridine Idessane, or whatever his name is, also mentioned that Brora would face Montrose when he ran-through playoff details.

However the ties weren't covered by the PA or whatever they are. They didn't show on the vidiprinter. And I had expected Radio Scotland to have sent a reporter to each leg, and the SFA to have been tweeting updates (ties were under their jurisdiction).

I think it's just a symptom of how the media has been very late to understand the entire thing... BBC only put a dotted line over 10th in SPFL2 a couple of weeks ago. They had a constantly-updated article on the status of promotion and relegation across British football on the go and obviously whoever wrote it only had the SPFL rulebook and rumour to go on - they thought the playoff involved Montrose, Brora, Edinburgh City and "a club nominated by the SFA", as if some wildcard would be thrown in randomly. Cleary for many the existence of promotion/relegation barely registered till Brora's bleats.

I imagine they will give 'proper' coverage next week as Montrose are involved and it's under SPFL jurisdiction.

You'd also hope for better SF coverage next season, after this season having happened.

Archived