Play-Off of the Day - Saturday 25th April

Grim O'Grady

Are you going & if so...  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will be heading along to this one.

As a Spartans fan I wish we were in the play-offs but this season City have been by far the best team in the league. All credit to them and I wish them all the best.

It should be an interesting game and I think City will need to take a couple of goals lead into the return fixture.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Record Crowd for the modern City- about 3000 v Man United (that fine team from Manchester and past winners of the European Cup unlike some other nouveau riche mob with pretensions to glory... :P ) in 2003.

That'll be only 3 in the whole of Manchester then.

That it'll still be freezing in the stand even though it'll be 20+ degrees on the pitch.

Ne'er cast a clout 'til May is oot.

Grimbo

Funny fact 642

You do realise that statement has nowt to do with the month of May ??

It actually refers to the may blossom !!

I'm gonna head along to this one one tomorrow. £5 admission, what's not to like?!

Only been to Meadowbank once, for a Scottish Cup tie about 5 years ago against Montrose. A night game which drew over 1,000 attendance. Hopefully tomorrow can also get 4 figures, and hopefully a home win!

Well the day as arrived & according to my scientific poll I deduce there will be at least 40 folk there today.

The weather is shite, been working all week & it's been cracking the flags. Fucking weekend & it's pish.

Mon the Citeh.

Grimbo

I reckon Citeh will win this tie, not sure who the over-all winner will be but if there's any truth behind the Brora no wanting to leave the HL then I hope they get panned hame & away.

Mon the LL champs.

Grimbo

I don't think away goals have ever applied in domestic football.

Took in the game with Berwick's season being over. You can tell Brora's quality and they looked more dangerous more often; however, City did well to restrain them as much as possible and played plenty good stuff themselves.

I felt City started nervously - indicated by unforced defensive errors, and poor 'keeper clearances - and Brora had the best of the first quarter. It was like the Alamo for a brief spell... numerous corners and Brora hit the bar, forced a couple of sharp saves and had a couple of poor misses. However over the second quarter City came into things and were on top themselves, although often frustratingly lacking the final ball and shot. HT 0-0.

Heaven knows what Brora's HT team-talk was like as they came out flat as a pancake and City were all over them for the third quarter, during which Ortega sprung the defence and beat the Brora keeper to a fairly innocuous through ball, flicking it round hit and into the net to general astonishment as it came out of nothing. For a while City were looking comfortable and ambitious and 2-0 seemed very possible... Perhaps they will rue not getting it. Momentum slowly swung back to Brora. Eventually the ball broke from a defensive scramble, and Maclean's cross-box drive flew through a ruck of bodies for the equaliser. They also forced an acrobatic punch/block type save from the City keeper. FT 1-1.

Nice weather, good crowd, and a decent game. In effect the slate is wiped clean next week so neither side put themselves at a disadvantage today. Brora have the benefit of the home venue and crowd, though, so City will need to match and probably surpass today's good performance to prevail.

Archived