Dumpfermline Pathetic versus Forfar (hopefully) Athletic.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, he has a season ticket and has been to near enough all the home games and the away games that Forfar has taken a supporters bus, but nah mate he's totally not a forfar fan. Absolutely great logic here from you.

So your teams Dundee United and you go to Forfar games as well.Does every Forfar fan support two teams? Hard choices to make should the Loons ever get to theSPL

Think Forfar fans on this board are a bit weird tbh. Keep mentioning how we're a full-time team whenever they play us. Bit like Labour in this General Election, obsessed with irrelevance.

So your teams Dundee United and you go to Forfar games as well.Does every Forfar fan support two teams? Hard choices to make should the Loons ever get to theSPL

No I'm a season ticket holder for Dundee United and go to pretty much every home game at Tannadice. But when Dundee United have an away game that i do not go to i will go and watch Forfar if they are at home cause they are my local team. Does it matter if i go and watch the loons aswel? Is it such a crime to you pars fans that i watch Forfar games?

Clearly am if I am a season ticket holder at Station Park. Yes I also support Hearts but I can't get down to Edinburgh every week so I go and watch my local team play on a Saturday. When I don't visit Tynecastle

No I'm a season ticket holder for Dundee United and go to pretty much every home game at Tannadice. But when Dundee United have an away game that i do not go to i will go and watch Forfar if they are at home cause they are my local team. Does it matter if i go and watch the loons aswel? Is it such a crime to you pars fans that i watch Forfar games?

Forfar are going to need a bigger ground if they continue to attract the good people of Angus in such numbers.

I too am a Dundee United fan who watches Forfar when United are away from home. Unbelievable that people enjoy watching football enough to go and see more than one team regularly. Bizarre behaviour.

Forfar are going to need a bigger ground if they continue to attract the good people of Angus in such numbers.

Don't worry about us we won't spend money we don't have. We will continue to live within our means.

I too am a Dundee United fan who watches Forfar when United are away from home. Unbelievable that people enjoy watching football enough to go and see more than one team regularly. Bizarre behaviour.

You're not a complete roaster unlike these 3 new Forfar fans, that's my job.

WTlH9XMLIAD4I.gif

You're not a Forfar supporter though. There's a big difference between attending a game as a neutral and saying you support a club.

You're not a Forfar supporter though. There's a big difference between attending a game as a neutral and saying you support a club.

Well I would consider myself a Forfar supporter. That might not be acceptable to some fans who think you can only support one team. I support United more but I also support Forfar (and 1860 Munich but that would definitely be deemed unacceptable given I can only go see them once or twice a year). Mon the Loons!

For those Pars fans not in the know. Within Dundee, United fans are known as 'Berrypickers' and are usually found outside the City. Within the City, Dundee are the larger team.

I prefer the term DABs for United fans :)

Well I would consider myself a Forfar supporter. That might not be acceptable to some fans who think you can only support one team. I support United more but I also support Forfar (and 1860 Munich but that would definitely be deemed unacceptable given I can only go see them once or twice a year). Mon the Loons!

If Dundee United played Forfar who would you support? Both?

If Dundee United played Forfar who would you support? Both?

No, of course I would support United but are you telling me it isn't allowed to like more than one football team and follow more than one side?

So you've went from supporting Forfar to following them?

Fwiw anyone saying they "support " more than one team, especially when they could feasibly play each other is vastly overstating to one, or both sides.

So you've went from supporting Forfar to following them?

Fwiw anyone saying they "support " more than one team, especially when they could feasibly play each other is vastly overstating to one, or both sides.

You are being pedantic about the term "following" and "supporting". I have positive feelings and close ties to a couple of teams, where does that fall in between "supporter" and "follower"? I class myself as a Dundee United supporter but I also support Forfar and 1860 Munich to a lesser extent but I still class myself as a supporter of each team, I love watching football and spend a great deal of time and money watching each of these teams every year so to be honest I couldn't care less if I don't fit in to whatever set of guidelines there are about who you are allowed to "support" (I hadn't realised there were any), I still enjoy my football.

If anyone considers that being less of a fan or somehow "just not right" then I think the term I would use for that is "bathered".

Archived