Dyslexia Scotland Junior Cup Final

A.M

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't be many senior grounds with grass parks that will still be open by that date.

Said the same elsewhere another feck up by the SJFA why wait till the 7th of June far too late in the year, the final could have been played on grass if they had planned ahead and made the game on the second Sunday in May.

I don't think I am the only one who is getting really peeved off by the total incompetence of those who are running the junior game into the ground..................

They did, bizarrely it was good enough for group games the same season but was replaced for the final. The fact it was newly laid was probably a factor in Terry slipping. Which was nice.

Cheers i thot that, and i agree couldnt have happened to a nicer person.

Fwiw i reckon the the highlight of the junior season should always be getting played on grass.

last time it was held at Hampden was 1986, think its the costs involved ?

When we consider that the Amateurs,who surely can't have any more in the coffers than the guys at Fawlty Towers,played their finals there until 2010,it really is a strange one. :huh:

Fanciful I know,but wouldn't it be just super if one of the Hampden hierarchy chose to share with the hoi polloi the reason why the Junior Final no longer takes place at Hampden.

Presumably availability + cost + few thousand people rattling around in 50k venue?

I went to the FA Vase final (England's Junior Cup equivalent) which was played at Wembley, there was only 5,900 at it but it was a really good atmopshere.

Granted Hampden isn't anything like Wembley and is an atmoshpere-less dump but surely Queen's Park wouldn't want much to hold the game there. Make the tickets cheap and there is potential for a great event, arguably there would be more of a crowd at it than the Scottish Cup this season.

Granted Hampden isn't anything like Wembley and is an atmoshpere-less dump but surely Queen's Park wouldn't want much to hold the game there. Make the tickets cheap and there is potential for a great event, arguably there would be more of a crowd at it than the Scottish Cup this season.

It's run by Hampden Park Ltd (owned by SFA). On long-term lease from QP.

Amateurs had to move to Almondvale due to costs and Hampden closing early for maintenance, IIRC.

The venue's what I expected. Kick off time poor though as it could affect the Musselburgh travelling support. Some families with young kids may just watch on tv rather than get home 8pm or later. KO should be not later than 2pm.

Anyway, roll on 7 June, sure it'll be a great game.

Mon The Burgh

As for the pitch, I would be happy to watch my team play on the moon if it was a Scottish cup final.

yes watching is fine but playing on it is totally different...the showpiece of the Junior game should be played on grass and if need be hold it earlier..just my opinion.

Archived