Dyslexia Scotland Junior Cup Final

A.M

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to say....

F.... The plastic pitches..... Get them to f....!!!!

Best comment of the lot ????????????

Congratulations to Talbot worthy winners IMO and as an Arthurlie fan I'm delighted they retained their Super League status, just, as the points we got off them proved crucial ????

Looking forward to going down to Beechwood next season to see a few very good friends, hopefully they will have sobered up by then!

He wasn't in his own half when the ball was kicked though.

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by: • interfering with play or • interfering with an opponent or • gaining an advantage by being in that position

At the time the ball is played forward by one of his own team he is not committing an offence automatically and if he is not interfering with opponents and gains no advantage from being in an offside position he is committing no offence. When he moves towards his own half he comes level with a second-last opponent he is no longer offside even though he is still in his opponents half of the field. When he crosses the half-way line he cannot commit the offence of offside. How can a linesman of referee adjudge a player to have gained an advantage when he had to return to his own half of the field to collect the ball? Defences often step forward to deliberately place an opponent in an offside position even though he is technically not yet committing an offence so why should he be penalised when he is NOT trying to gain an advantage. There's too much rule-bending in football as it is and if you consider the cases where the goalkeepers deliberately stand with the ball at their feet until an opponent is forced to approach before he picks it up then boots it upfield thereby placing that opponent in an 'offside' position while he retreats to his own half and if he challenges for a ball even in his own half he is adjudged to be offside and penalised even though he didn't deliberately seek to gain any advantage. The Rule needs to be made clearer by adding a clause which says a player cannot be guilty of the offence of offside after having returned from the opponents half.

Never a penalty, clear dive when you saw the replay.

Ayrshire venue, Ayrshire referee. Auchinleck probably deserved it on chances alone, but you have to wonder how this could ever be described as a neutral venue.

should have been played somewhere 1/2 way between, like Hamilton. result might well have been the same, but would've put the mind at ease a bit.

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by: • interfering with play or • interfering with an opponent or • gaining an advantage by being in that position

At the time the ball is played forward by one of his own team he is not committing an offence automatically and if he is not interfering with opponents and gains no advantage from being in an offside position he is committing no offence. When he moves towards his own half he comes level with a second-last opponent he is no longer offside even though he is still in his opponents half of the field. When he crosses the half-way line he cannot commit the offence of offside. How can a linesman of referee adjudge a player to have gained an advantage when he had to return to his own half of the field to collect the ball? Defences often step forward to deliberately place an opponent in an offside position even though he is technically not yet committing an offence so why should he be penalised when he is NOT trying to gain an advantage. There's too much rule-bending in football as it is and if you consider the cases where the goalkeepers deliberately stand with the ball at their feet until an opponent is forced to approach before he picks it up then boots it upfield thereby placing that opponent in an 'offside' position while he retreats to his own half and if he challenges for a ball even in his own half he is adjudged to be offside and penalised even though he didn't deliberately seek to gain any advantage. The Rule needs to be made clearer by adding a clause which says a player cannot be guilty of the offence of offside after having returned from the opponents half.

Quit the bullshit he was offside

Heard that Mglynn( Charlie) was offered £3,000 to play at Livingston F C, or £7,000 to play at Rugby Park ! Any truth ?

Livingston said they were doing maintenance to their park and didn't want to host it. So unlikely.

Thought it was one of Milky's best games in a Talbot jersey. He ran their captain ragged.

Thatl be Brian martin #3.after our two semi finals against mussy,I thought he was a right good player.after yesterday mussy can keep him.

Don't think it gives a big advantage to a team situated closer than another anyway but ideally you'd have the final played somewhere with as equal travelling for both teams as possible.

Distance was never an issue in the days when the final was played at Hampden, teams were just delighted to get the chance to play at the most famous football venue in the world, as it was back then in the 50's and going into the 60's. The fact that they could be playing in front of a crowd of upwards of 50,000, with the financial boost that went with it was obviously also a big attraction.

The lowest attendance at a cup final during the 50's was 22,600 for the Sunnybank/Lochee Harp final in 1954 and it is reported that Lochee brought over 10,000 fans with them to the final.

If so, then Sunnybank must have had only a man and a dug with them as traditionally the final was well supported by neutrals in that era.

Congratulations to Talbot. Enjoyed the game today. Best final in a while, both teams trying to play football and two cracking goals. Musselburgh were better than I thought they were going to be and made a real game of it though they tired in the 2nd half. Was impressed by Smith, Sheerin and no 4 (Myles?). Thought it was a penalty at the game but would like to see it again on the TV.

One minor gripe I had was students not counting as concessions.

I got in as a concession by showing my student card.

I got in as a concession by showing my student card.

When I went to the turnstile I asked for a concession and the guy asked me what age I was; said I was student and then told me that students didn't count as concessions. Was pissed off at the time.

Archived