Dyslexia Scotland Junior Cup Final

A.M

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never a penalty however I can see how the assistant referee gave it. Looked a stonewall penalty until I seen the replay. Saying that I wanted Talbot to win plus overall I think they deserved it. Well done.

Overall the best team won the cup , musselburgh did well though competed and knocked the ball about well though and made it a decent final for the neutral. Cracking two goals fit for any final .

On the penalty musselburgh should have done their homework on Gormley , excellent player but has in the past looked for a penalty like that , won one or two for my team like that . Musselburgh defenders should have known he has a tendancy to go down now and again.

Had a quick look through the thread and cmontheloknow was correct , the pitch looked to play really well no issues. Decent crowd anything over 5000 nowadays is a good effort from both sides.

Was it just me but was the cup/ trophy itself looking particularly magnificent in the sun today , has to be one of the best looking cups/ trophies anywhere in football .

The junior cup really is a brilliant cup competition , even if talbot win it a bit to much for my liking :P .

Talbot never had to get out of third gear after their second.

Wee Jackie Myles is a cracking player.

Would like to think he'll get offers from better, well supported clubs.

Poor attendance.

Just checking through the final predictor you went for 4100 and the attendance was over 1000 more than that you should be pleasantly surprised ! take it you dont like mussey ha

Congratulations to Tucker and the squad. We've played better this season but finals are all about winning and we managed to get over the line.

I thought it was a pretty good game as Junior finals go with the added bonus of two fantastic goals.

As a non neutral I imagine that was one of the best for a long while for neutrals to watch? Musselburgh played some lovely football on the deck and certianly played their part in making it a good game. Thought their number 8 was the MOTM, a really good playmaker.

Two cracking goals. A dubious(?) penalty? Looked like a penalty to me but was 50 yards away and 20 rows back, but had Gormley got past the defender the goal was at his mercy. A big match mentality won the game for us.

Baldy heeded linesman was an absolute walloper with his offisde decisions. One in the last 10 minutes against Milliken had to be seen to be believed as Milky was a good 2 or 3 yards in his own half! The Mussy player tried to take the free kick from where the "offence" took place before having to go back into his own half to take it otherwise it couldn't have been offisde.

The Talbot / Barca link goes on....Barca European Cup / Champiuons League winners in 1992, 2006, 2009, 2011 and 2015. Talbot Junior Cup winners in the same seasons - although to prove our superiority we also won it in 2013.

I took a drive down for the game to lend my support to Musselburgh as a load of my mates from there went. I thought Musselburgh acquitted themselves well throughout, but they began to tire in the last 15-20 minutes and there was never a sense that Talbot were in danger. I never felt Mussy would fashion a clear chance as, while I thought for long periods, in the first half particularly, they controlled possession well, they didn't create many chances throughout.

Talbot didn't really in the first half either but both goals were absolute quality - a ripper for Talbot and a great finish from Sheerin for Mussy, who I thought was a stand out along with Smith and Myles, for me the most eye catching man out there.

The penalty decision, from the Main Stand, looked like an absolutely terrible decision and after I got back, my old man watching it on telly said it was never a penalty. Looked to me like the boy was going down before a Musselburgh player got near him and played for it. I actually thought the referee had a poor game and let a few late challenges from Talbot players go when they could easily have been bookings. There was also the comical sight of the lino flagging for an offside in the second half, the ball fell to Musselburgh inside the Talbot half but he brought the play back.

I felt that Talbot had that bit more big-game nous and experience to see the game through, while maybe not performing at their best. The Musselburgh team gave everything and it was a shame they lost to such a controversial decision. I think though they did the East Region a lot of credit with their performance.

RE the venue, do the SJFA choose that for the final well in advance before the finalists are known, or is it after they know who'll be playing? Given there are plenty of stadia in the central belt - Falkirk, Clyde, Airdrie, Motherwell or St Mirren - that would've been more of an equal distance, surely that would've made more sense? Didn't matter to me particularly as Kilmarnock isn't a far drive but just wondered about when the decision is taken.

Overall a decent game to watch, and congratulations to Talbot on their victory.

As a non neutral I imagine that was one of the best for a long while for neutrals to watch? Musselburgh played some lovely football on the deck and certianly played their part in making it a good game. Thought their number 8 was the MOTM, a really good playmaker.

Two cracking goals. A dubious(?) penalty? Looked like a penalty to me but was 50 yards away and 20 rows back, but had Gormley got past the defender the goal was at his mercy. A big match mentality won the game for us.

Baldy heeded linesman was an absolute walloper with his offisde decisions. One in the last 10 minutes against Milliken had to be seen to be believed as Milky was a good 2 or 3 yards in his own half! The Mussy player tried to take the free kick from where the "offence" took place before having to go back into his own half to take it otherwise it couldn't have been offisde.

The Talbot / Barca link goes on....Barca European Cup / Champiuons League winners in 1992, 2006, 2009, 2011 and 2015. Talbot Junior Cup winners in the same seasons - although to prove our superiority we also won it in 2013.

Speak to them about a friendly.

As a neutral, although wanting Burgh to win, it was good to watch, two fantastic goals first half in which I thought Musselburgh just shaded it, they played the ball about well and Sheerin looked dangerous every time he had the ball.

Second half they never really got going but Talbot were no great shakes either and it was really only the penalty (not seen it on telly but it looked a pen from where I was in the main stand) that separated two evenly matched sides in the end.

Archived