Appeal for help - Is your Clubs badge at risk.

So some of you will already have noticed the campaign to save Airdrie FC's badge on here recently, the most important aspect of our fight to save our clubs badge is the fact we can only really do this by having some amendment made to the law which means the teams at risk in this photo will not have to endure the same problems. So i ask everyone who has a passion for "football" irrespective of your team to sign our petition on this page www.savethebadge.co.uk

post-60688-0-66257300-1429534947_thumb.p

Can a mod please remove this as spamming? You already have a thread, in which hardly anyone cares about your petition anyway.

oG0KX.gif

Wish a mod would remove you. Most of what you post is well beyond banter.

Still think the new badge with the chevron instead of AFC is the best option. Looks fantastic and the £3k could probably be raised quite easily now with all the publicity surrounding the campaign.

Why a chevron? We are known as the Diamonds because we have a diamond on our jersey. I have seen chevron on merchandise in the past and it makes me uncomfortable, like its a cheapskate half arsed effort. We are not called the Chevrons and wouldn't want any kind of precedent being set with a view to losing the diamond from the jersey in lieu of said cheaper option.

Your point is fair enough. Like your own team we do have some bigger challenges, but what sticks in our throat is the fact that we have to make any change for the sake of something which seems so absurd. What harm is any football badge doing that the law has to come along and prevent its use. Prosecution should be in the public interest and this clearly isn't.

We like the badge because its part of our tradition. Much like when Everton changed theirs last year, or Cardiff changed from Blue to Red it upsets supporters. In those cases the ownership was questioned and bowed to public pressure. In our case its a function of the crown and we're powerless to do anything about it. It could happen to a number of other clubs and we'd like a stand to be taken.

Why a chevron? We are known as the Diamonds because we have a diamond on our jersey. I have seen chevron on merchandise in the past and it makes me uncomfortable, like its a cheapskate half arsed effort. We are not called the Chevrons and wouldn't want any kind of precedent being set with a view to losing the diamond from the jersey in lieu of said cheaper option.

I think you'll agree that this does look fantastic, it is a chevron not a diamond, and better than the other options pitched at the Chairman's Meeting a few weeks back which incorporated diamonds in a "half arsed" fashion.

4aff4516ae4c1f969876ea7d5cb5aab0.png

I must admit though, I'm quite surprise about the lack of action taken by the club over the past few weeks. Its all well and good having the supporters trust going out and raising awareness of the campaign and all that, but at the end of the day the order has been signed and we can't use the crest after 1st September, a decision must have to be made soon as to which crest we are going to use going forward.

Your point is fair enough. Like your own team we do have some bigger challenges, but what sticks in our throat is the fact that we have to make any change for the sake of something which seems so absurd. What harm is any football badge doing that the law has to come along and prevent its use. Prosecution should be in the public interest and this clearly isn't.

We like the badge because its part of our tradition. Much like when Everton changed theirs last year, or Cardiff changed from Blue to Red it upsets supporters. In those cases the ownership was questioned and bowed to public pressure. In our case its a function of the crown and we're powerless to do anything about it. It could happen to a number of other clubs and we'd like a stand to be taken.

:lol:

What tradition, Airdrieonians/Airdrie United/Clydebank?

Change your badge just as you have managed to change the name of the club twice in recent times.

I must admit though, I'm quite surprise about the lack of action taken by the club over the past few weeks. Its all well and good having the supporters trust going out and raising awareness of the campaign and all that, but at the end of the day the order has been signed and we can't use the crest after 1st September, a decision must have to be made soon as to which crest we are going to use going forward.

Don't disagree with you on this point. But if we're going to have to change the design, why not do it properly. Incorporate a wee bit of the original, a bit of the 90s badge, (had a different cockeral), a bit of Archibald era and also something from United era. And something new (just not a chevron for me).That way we are celebrating our history and looking to future.

Archived