The Famous Aberdeen's European Tour 2015/16

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fantastic performance, must be our best away in Europe since the eighties. After the first 15 I was shutting myself but Derek switched it up, went for 3 at the back and it paid off big time.

Ward in goals was brilliant. Strong, decisive, great reactions and held onto the ball at saves stopping goalmouth stramashes.

Logan, Shinnie and Hayes when they were in the wing back position were brilliant defensively and going forward. So much energy to bomb up and down the pitch. Shinnie especially in the first 15 was the only one who played. Got us off the hook a few times. Hayes when in midfield was my motm, always energetic, looking to take on a man and keeping possession when he couldn't.

The three centre halves were phenomenal post 15 mins. Riejka had some brilliant crosses and were relying on the ball over the back into a runner. Derek noticed this and switched it up, stopping their one tactic. Wtf was that long throw about from Taylor?! Where has he been hiding that?!! Bonus points for Considine's goal. Well taken strong header but my god the goalkeeping. Clangers-esque.

I didn't notice Jack in midfield but that usually means he's doing well. Clean sheet speaks for itself.

Pawlett, McGinn and McLean when he came on were decent, full of energy and Pawlett's pace caused a lot of problems. McGinn's crossing was crap to begin with but he hit the ball for the first goal. I was raging that he'd hit it deep again but it dipped perfectly for Considine. He can still pull it out of the bag. Brilliant for McLean to get his goal. Well taken late run into the box which is what we've been crying out for the past two seasons. Reminded me of Barry Nicholson which is no bad thing.

Finally Goodwillie. I thought it was a mistake having him start. I was so wrong. The boy worked his socks off in the "Lonesome Striker" role as my pal put it. Thankless task but challenged for everything and was getting fouled half the time but it wasn't being given. Whenever the ball did stick he held it up brilliantly and brought others into play. At 2-0 up it was so unselfish to square for McLean. He could have taken the shot but he squared for the better chance.

You fuckin dancer Aberdeen C O Y R !!!!

Kairat Almaty and Minsk would appear to be the teams to avoid, albeit based on a 2 minute online scouting trip.

Zilina, if you're looking for some sort of barometer, they played Rijeka last season and lost 3-2 on aggregate so they're tough but beatable.

My folks live 40 minutes from Larnaca, and I've already agreed to work both legs, so can guarantee that's who we get.

Know nothing about the Turkish side.

It was an absolute joy to go from hiding behind the sofa for the first 15 minutes to being almost confident of getting a 4th in the second half.

Tactically so clever, broke at exactly the right times, totally clinical, don't think I've ever seen us do such a professional job on a team.

And special mention for Danny Ward, no spectacular saves as such but dealt with everything with calm and assurance, I think either of our previous incumbents would have spilled at least a couple of those low crosses in etc.

Fantastic Aberdeen, I've gotten f**k all done at work so far today as I'm so buzzing.

Archived