The Famous Aberdeen's European Tour 2015/16

Impressive result but I would of had Aberdeen down as favourites anyway. I looked at the team and thought wtf with Goodwillie starting. But fair dos to DM and enjoy the draw for the next round.

Hope you had plenty on us at 6/1 tonight then :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to bet on the game. Just looking in from the outside, I'd have you's as favourites.

Why? Rijeka's record in Europe the last few seasons is really good. They were definite favourites tonight.

Fantastic result for the Dons, very jealous of you lot. Hopefully you'll get a kind draw in the next round as well, which seems possible when looking at the seedings. A couple of big names to avoid, but lots of beatable teams. Then another round after that, though, right?

Fitba...bloody hell!

Everything went right tonight, everyone performed incredibly and once again we see the full potential of this side.

Danny Ward gave us a solid base and looked the sort of keeper we need to push on. Quinn slotted in well to the back four, our wingers were immense. Centre of the park were quick and direct in distributing the ball - Jack with no Flood!

Goodwillie showed the quality that he has, his hold up play was impressive and his assist for McLean sublime. And Pawlett thrived with the space afforded to him.

This should thankfully quash the annual BBC Scotland summer fitba pish for another season. And being a Dons fan, key to remember this tie isn't over, still got the fear!!!

Buzzing after that. Our finest European away performance in my lifetime.

Jesus fucking god. Aberdeen won a game and P&B goes tonto.

Jesus Fucking God....

Everyone's clearly delighted that the representatives of our game got a fantastic European result.

Alternatively, Aberdeen won a European game and the Aberdeen in Europe thread gained a few extra pages.

Yeah pretty much this

Obviously as a Saints fan I'm not looking for a crowd w**k here, but was Croatia difficult to get to? 300 seems a little low?

I was going to go (and by f**k do I now wish I had) but to fly direct to Rijeka it was expensive.

Most were getting it fairly cheap by flying to other places then doing long bus journeys. Think the most popular route was to stansted then Trieste in Italy, then about 3 hours on a bus.

Obviously didn't help that we only knew 7 days ago we were definitely through to play Rijeka.

Looked some bounce at the goals though. One of my mates was there and it was his birthday - I doubt he's ever had or ever will have a better birthday than that.

Alternatively, Aberdeen won a European game and the Aberdeen in Europe thread gained a few extra pages.

They have 2 European trophies, apparently so today's result should be no surprise.

Still, so much jizz over so little.

Archived