Ayr V Stirling Alb.

Wasn't that long ago that the Ayr fans were slagging him off and posting a video of his incompetence, a strange lot now they want him back it seems, only problem is he is under contract until 2016.

Not quite grasped the concept of sarcasm.

We might be absolutely rancid this season but nowhere near bad enough to have him back.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't that long ago that the Ayr fans were slagging him off and posting a video of his incompetence, a strange lot now they want him back it seems, only problem is he is under contract until 2016.

WHOOOSHHHH

With Ayr being away at Forfar on the final day, who will almost certainly still have an excellent chance of the league title, it seems pretty important that Ayr win this and win it well.

We are sinking with a whimper, taking the money off from reduced entry to bet on Stirling

Dare I ask, what happened in 1987? (As someone born in 1989, I reserve the right of ignorance)

They beat us 3-2 at Somerset in front of a crowd of 4,348 apparently.

Are there people on here old enough to remember it?

Yep, sadly yours truly was there. We fluffed our lines badly in that game. As HoD said we fairly pounded their goal but all for nothing in the end, a familiar AUFC hard luck story.

Needed a draw for promotion, down 3 heehaw with not long to go, I don't know how many times I had my head in someone else's shoulder are we missed chance after chance, their keeper just kept making save after save, think he might have signed for us at a later date.

Stirling fans invaded the pitch thinking they were up only to find out Meadowbank? had went up instead.

We wouldn't have had the 1987/88 team to watch if we'd scored another goal.

Archived