The Rovers Are Coming

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a decent sized jump from League 2 to League 1 but if you're organised then it's do-able. Although Jim McInally probably has a bigger budget than Young, Peterhead have proven that it can be done.

The doom and gloomers could look at us and say "ooohhh but Stirling failed" but many would agree that we weren't ready for League 1 football this season and had a poor choice at the helm at the start of the season (some will argue that we still have a poor choice of manager but that's for another debate).

It's going to be interesting to see who comes in at Albion over the summer, but well done and good luck anyway.

Aye, looks like it. We're apparently installing 4G this summer :thumsup2

Excellent. Certainly one way to get round the current pitch problems! Hopefully next season our new slabs terrace will also be open! In all seriousness, it's good to see non-footballing activities being progressed. Hopefully planning permission comes through soon for the unused stand (has it really been pending for a year?)

The long-term goal has to be to establish ourselves as a League 1 team. Hopefully by the summer we'll have the infrastructure and team to make a good start in achieving this.

It's a decent sized jump from League 2 to League 1 but if you're organised then it's do-able. Although Jim McInally probably has a bigger budget than Young, Peterhead have proven that it can be done.

The doom and gloomers could look at us and say "ooohhh but Stirling failed" but many would agree that we weren't ready for League 1 football this season and had a poor choice at the helm at the start of the season (some will argue that we still have a poor choice of manager but that's for another debate).

It's going to be interesting to see who comes in at Albion over the summer, but well done and good luck anyway.

It's not really - the jump is actually pretty insubstantial. I've had a look at the stats and since the advent of the play-offs, only one league champion has been relegated at the first attempt (Berwick Rangers, who sunk without a trace in 2008).

Of the teams that went up via the play-offs, Stranraer (promoted 2007-08, relegated 2008-09) and the current Stirling Albion side have come up then gone back down after a season.

decisions which were very risky and roundly criticised but with the benefit of hindsight...

I still abhor the treatment of James Ward, who earned our war chest and signed much of the squad - it was rightly criticised - but I'm glad that the Devlin Guinea Pig era was short-lived and some proper football and business brains came to do things properly.

I still abhor the treatment of James Ward, who earned our war chest and signed much of the squad - it was rightly criticised - but I'm glad that the Devlin Guinea Pig era was short-lived and some proper football and business brains came to do things properly.

What happened to the guinea pig? Don't tell me if it was something bad.

With the imminent departure of Somerset from the list of League One venues and the imminent arrival of Cliftonhill, at least the shitehole ratio is being maintained.

Ayr and Somerset is a shitehole, but at least you can make a decent day of it. Cliftonhill doesn't offer any of that.

Archived