Save Scottish Football Club Badges

So yes this is regarding the situation that Airdrieonians FC currently find themselves in regarding the use of the current badge which we will no longer be able to use beyond this season.

I realise that many of you will be already aware of this, but what many people do not realise is that this will not be the last you hear of Lord Lyon. He is almost certainly going to be coming after many more teams in the future (it is estimated that over 20 other Scottish clubs are also breaking the rules of the Court of Lyon). But it doesnt stop there Lord Lyon has authority over anything that is deemed a shield/coat of arms, therefore any sports club, schools, local clubs/organisations could also fall foul to Lord Lyon's Procurator Fiscal.

So with this in mind i ask you to visit this page

http://www.savethebadge.co.uk

here you will find details on exactly what has happened regarding Airdrie's current situation but most importantly there is a petition set up with Supporters Direct Scotland that we urge everyone to sign so that these laws currently being used against Airdrie can be challenged in their relation to Sporting Organisations now and in the future.

This is not just about Airdrieonians Football Club, its about all Scottish clubs coming together to fight this outdated law and to protect many historical club badges.

Please sign the petition, your club could be next.

This whole business smells of a shakedown.

It may be more worth Airdrie's while looking for friends from further afield than football who could be next after a legal precident is set (which is why I reckon they're picking on Airdrie - bugger all cash to fight this nonsense in court).

For example:

hogwarts-crest.jpg

'What's this Ms Rowling? An H in a heraldic device? We can't be having that! I don't care how notoriously litigious you are, I am the Lord Lyon and I demand you register it at once without the H and destroy billions of Harry Potter merchandise and book with the offending logo on them forthwith!

I expect you, Universal Studios, and everyone else you've given licences to for your wares to comply within 30 days or I shall see you in court!'

Would look forward to watching the wee gobshite getting his arse handed back to him trying to prosecute one of the world's wealthiest women flanked by half a dozen mega-corporations in the same boat.

The Daily Record appear to have run an April Fool on this that's about as believable as the actual story. Nice work, chaps. Look forward to next year's "300 die in disaster, ha ha, it was only 200" fake-out.

Surely the SPFL should be standing foursquare alongside their clubs on this one and handling this themselves.

Oh, sorry, I forgot. I doubt Doncaster's even aware that there's a SPFL club in Airdrie.

Archived