El Lanarko part 5 24/4/15 New Douglas Park

Martin Canning is a foooking superb guy, if we got relegated under him it would have been a travesty for such a nice fella(all be it a solid mediocre defender) , but please footballing gods please get him a job outside of Hamliton before the middle of July :cheers

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never doubted Canning for a minute...

Even in the first half with both teams having good chances but the second was a breeze. Can't pick someone that didn't play well but Ali Crawford my MotM - he loves it against Lanarkshire's wee team.

The atmosphere was great in the Accies end and probably the best I've seen at home all season.

Bit cringy singing "Twist and Shout" after Motherwell adopted it in the last Derby but it's too catchy to resist.

poor show by Motherwell girls in away end imo, if your gonna act like ultra wannabes your meant to sing even when your teams losing....if your gonna do it then do it properly like duh lalalalalala bye bye Motherwell

We're pretty good going forward I mean we had enough chances to win two or three games tonight but everything about the defence sums up why barring a miracle we're gonna be in the playoff spot.

The back 4 just can't defend even simple straight balls were causing all sorts of problems and it's another two piss easy goals we conceded. Don't even get me started on defending corners. Their distribution is even worse aimless pass after aimless pass I felt sorry for josh law as ainsworth didn't look like he wanted it half the time although lasley and Pearson weren't much better.

I think we'll win the three home games but lose at st Mirren and nine points won't be enough sadly

Whether Martin Canning is the right man to take us forward (probably not!) it was all rather lovely tonight (copyright Sergeant Wilson). Devlin, Crawford, Imrie all superb but special mention to Daz Mackinnon. Not a fan of his, and he is a hot headed knob most of the time, but that was the best I've seen him all season. Along with a few others, he had a few nice wee flicks and tricks that added to the enjoyment. Lyon and Hendrie were bombscares; West Ham thanks for the cash but what on earth are you thinking? McGovern once again had to save us several times bit overall we deserved the win. Keep giving Jason the first hour and he will deliver more goals. Oh and big Lucas never put a foot wrong when he came on. Real potential there.

Many of the young Well fans who obviously love 60s music left with about 78 minutes on the clock. You'll need to do better than that lads.

Accies are still not safe yet or am I missing something? Would have though a win tonight should be viewed as a way to take the pressure off where that's concerned. The form since Alex Neil left has been catastrophic so five defeats on the bounce is far from out of the question.

Oh were safe now, FTW!

Well it's like they say fourteenth times the charm.

Didn't go but took it in on BT, and we weren't to bad, motherwell had their chances to get back in the game but didn't take them.

Canning is a good guy, and it would be nice if he went out on a slight high, but thats it he must go.

Don't think he will though, i think we all must accept the fact Canning will be our manager for next season.

Not to confident on tonight's game, more hopeful. For me centre midfield is key, can Pearo and Las dominate against Accies 3 or diamond formation. Need to ensure ball is on deck mid to front.

Defeat or even draw we are in play offs.

Same tactics as new year game versus Accies on the Astro, long balls back to front as no full back and particularly centre midfield showing for the ball when in possession. My concern prior to the game was confirmed with McKinnon, Gillespie and Crawford bossing centre midfield, we had no link whatsoever. Pearo and Las are similar in that they try to press the ball rather than pro actively receive the ball.The Accies extra man in centre of midfield was significant. I was really surprised that Conor Grant was not introduced into the centre midfield to and pass the ball.

Back four and keeper ( with exception of Law maybe) are not a solid unit, the Thistle and Accies goals conceded could have been easily avoided if they were compact and were aware of basic threats and dangers like good defenders are.

Wide player's not for me tonight, wee Dom could have been introduced earlier.

I thought Skippy did okay first half, but started the second half losing possession easily, surprised at taking him off. Big Lee should have taken at least one of his chances otherwise I thought he did okay considering the amount of sh.te long balls down his throat, he will be a great player in a team that plays the game mostly on the deck, sadly Well are not that team, however he did lose possession cheaply up the park at Accies goals. Sutton did not contribute anything when he came on.

Play offs here we come.

Archived