Title run in

He didn't have a great game on Saturday there but being brutally honest he has refereed Duns a few times this season and he's done alright until yesterday but saying that its good he and other refs give up their time to ref the game.

To be honest theres been too much should haves and could haves this season. Dropped points against Burntisland 3 times and Hawick have proved costly. Having said that a must give credit to Hudson and the management team. Taking a team from being in the bottom half of the league to pushing for promotion i think its been a good season and even if Duns don't go up this season am sure we will be up there again next season.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right Duns Fan, Carl and his helpers have done well this season as have the Ormiston guys to come from near the bottom of the league and challenge for promotion. Ormiston also dropped silly points at Hawick and at home to Eyemouth. Just one thing though - referees are not "giving up their time" they are usually the only person on the pitch who is getting paid for being there. I also attended on Saturday as a neutral and thought the ref was appalling.

A did not expect this result. It was an absolute hiding. Expected Ormiston to give us a good game but can't say Ormiston were dreadful because Duns played really well. Two must win games now! Praying our rival Eyemouth can do us a huge favour!

Terrible thing to ask!!!

It's tight in the Prem but I think Lothian will sneak it on goal difference over Easthouses. Leith could get a result against them on Sat but I'd put my ten bob on Lothian beating them by the odd goal or 2

It's tight in the Prem but I think Lothian will sneak it on goal difference over Easthouses. Leith could get a result against them on Sat but I'd put my ten bob on Lothian beating them by the odd goal or 2

Depends on Leiths attitude. They have nothing to play for so you never know how they will approach the game.

I think Lothian will just sneak this.

Duns 2-1 Peebles

'Dingers' & 'Students' last-day showdown.

First Division Title & Promotion Race

1 Peebles P27 69pts +56

2 Heriot-Watt P27 53pts +39

===============================

3 Duns P27 52pts +28

4 Ormiston P27 49pts +5

was at the Duns vs Peebles game last night, very good advert for EOS football.

Through gritted teeth i would have to agree probably the two best teams in division one that we have played this season.

FTs:

Leith 0-4 Lothian Thistle

Premier Division Title Race

1 Lothian THV P24 52pts +34

----------------------------------

1 Easthouses Lil P24 52pts +23

3 Leith Athletic P24 47pts +29

Lothian Thistle are champions and qualify for the Scottish Cup.

Eyemouth 2-3 Heriot-Watt

Ormiston 2-4 Duns

First Division Title & Promotion Race

1 Peebles P28 70pts +56

2 Heriot-Watt P28 56pts +40

===============================

3 Duns P28 55pts +30

4 Ormiston P28 49pts +3

HW Uni are promoted.

Congratulations to Lothian Thistle and HW Uni.

Commiserations to Easthouses and Duns, frustrated by narrowest of margins.

Well done Lothian, £23000 well spent. Pity Leith fell away, feel the defeat at Lily a few weeks back ruined their chances. And whoever called it, was right. It did end up a two horse race. Lily can be proud of their achievements also. To finish runners up last year to Hibernian, then to go and finish level on points with the winners this year is a tremendous effort.

Well done Lothian, £23000 well spent. Pity Leith fell away, feel the defeat at Lily a few weeks back ruined their chances. And whoever called it, was right. It did end up a two horse race. Lily can be proud of their achievements also. To finish runners up last year to Hibernian, then to go and finish level on points with the winners this year is a tremendous effort.

£23000? Suppose that's about a grand a player over the year but would imagine that's a budget higher than most teams in the Lowland League. But, if they do well in the scottish and earn some of it back then it's worth it.

congrats to lothian well deserved ,,

as for the sour grapes and moaning from the gang ,,,,,,,,you had your chance when you came to saughton ,,,,,,,,and got skelped 5-0 so take it with dignity

congrats to lothian well deserved ,,

as for the sour grapes and moaning from the gang ,,,,,,,,you had your chance when you came to saughton ,,,,,,,,and got skelped 5-0 so take it with dignity

There is no sour grapes toward Lothian great achievement to win back to back titles.

It's just unfortunate that leith decided not to pose you a sterner test today by fielding their strongest possible squad.

Personally I hope Lothian go on next week and skelp Leith again in the cup final.

sour grapes, Leith have a choice to play whoever they want and its very disrespectful as the young lads were the best players for Leith

Lothian battering yous 5 -0 is the issue here

few mirrors in IKEA for the easthouses players or few mirrors for your gaffer to look at in Benidorm

congrats lothian

Archived