Title run in

Very good game down at NHP last night. Duns started the better out the two before heriot watt came back into it. Second half heriot watt played a lot better and pinned Duns right in. Penalty for them was the killer blow.

Still not out it but again needing to rely on other teams doing Duns a favour and with Ormiston and Peebles still to play x 2 it will be very hard for Duns.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yet again the first division takes another twist with Duns winning today with Ormiston and HW Uni losing. Last few games are going to be interesting! Burntisland and Eyemouth are hard places to go as well but surprised at the results. Must admit a watched Duns against Eyemouth a few weeks and despite the result Eyemouth played really well and were unlucky even at 2-1.

Civil Service 1-3 Easthouses

Stirling Uni EOS 2-4 Lothian Thistle

Tynecastle 1-1 Leith

Burntisland 1-0 HW Uni

Duns 3-0 Hawick

Eyemouth 7-3 Ormiston

Could be a costly 2pts dropped for Leith today: they're now relying on beating LTHV and hoping Easthouses don't win both their closing league games to lift the title.

Stirling Eos are going to have to beat Craigroyston and hope they don't beat Easthouses; they'll have to hope they lose to Easthouses if they only beat them by 1 goal. That head-to-head is next weekend.

EDIT: I note from EOS website that Easthouses & Craigroyston have brought-up their closing game to this Wednesday.

Remarkable day in the First Division. Eyemouth has been thrashed 7-2 by HW and 5-1 by Duns during the last 3 weeks - yet have beaten Ormiston by margins of 2-1 then today's remarkable 7-3 during the same period.

This means things are back out of HW's hands again. Duns know that 4 wins will secure promotion... Ormiston know 2 wins mean promotion if HW draw even just once.

Premier Division Title Race

1 Lothian THV P23 49pts +30

----------------------------------

2 Easthouses Lil P22 46pts +18

3 Leith Athletic P22 44pts +29

Premier Division Relegation Race

7 Craigroyston P22 18pts -27

================================

8 Stir Uni EOS P23 16pts -24

9 Coldstream P23 12pts -41

First Division Title & Promotion Race

1 Peebles P24 63pts +50

2 Ormiston P26 49pts +13

===============================

3 Heriot-Watt P25 47pts +28

4 Duns P24 46pts +21

Well yet again the first division takes another twist with Duns winning today with Ormiston and HW Uni losing. Last few games are going to be interesting! Burntisland and Eyemouth are hard places to go as well but surprised at the results. Must admit a watched Duns against Eyemouth a few weeks and despite the result Eyemouth played really well and were unlucky even at 2-1.

Not that surprised with the Burntisland result, the Yard have been unbeaten in the last 5 games winning 4...

Well done to Burntisland they have been really good since the turn of the year getting results and performances. Very organised difficult team to play against no surprise that they are getting results.

Ormiston have men sent off? 7-3 ? Never seen that coming

4 nil down when guy sent off, i think there keeper was an outfield player and they had no subs, something strange going on at Ormiston given the position they are in on the promotion front. Said from the off this season apart from Peebles every team is capable of beating each other.

Elvis

Easthouses 2 v Craigroyston 0

Great win for the lily now level on points with Lothian roll on Saturday last big push to get 3 points then we will see if Lothian can beat leith to stop us winning the title.

The gang have proved everyone wrong been a great season however it ends!!

Fascinating.

1 Lothian THV P23 49pts +30

2 Easthouses Lil P23 49pts +20

3 Leith Athletic P22 44pts +29

7 Craigroyston P23 18pts -29

8 Stir Uni EOS P23 16pts -24

9 Coldstream P23 12pts -41

1 Peebles P25 66pts +52

2 Heriot-Watt P26 50pts +33

3 Ormiston P26 49pts +13

4 Duns P25 46pts +19

Here then are the scenarios. All 3 races will go down to the last week and the last day. What drama, what tension.

Premier Division title race

Saturday 9th May - Civil Service v Leith, Spartans EOS v Easthouses

Saturday 16th May - Leith v Lothian

Easthouses: on paper could win the league even if they lost at Marine Drive but in practice will be looking to win to put maximum pressure on LTHV and Leith. Their GD counts against them in a tie.

Leith: have to win their last 2 games, and hope Easthouses don't beat Spartans EOS

LTHV: simplest scenario, just have to match Easthouses result (and not lose to Leith if they have beaten Civil Service)

Premier Division relegation race

Saturday 9th May - Craigroyston v Stirling Uni EOS

Simple last day decider. Craigroyston have to avoid defeat to survive, Stirling Uni EOS have to win to survive

First Division promotion race

Saturday 9th May - Duns v Ormiston, Kelso v HW Uni

Wednesday 13th May - Duns v Peebles

Saturday 16th May - Eyemouth v HW Uni, Ormiston v Duns

HW Uni - have it in their own hands, knowing 2 wins secures 2nd place.

Ormiston or Duns - are both the equivalent of 1pt behind HW Uni (if we take Duns game-in-hand as moving them up to 49pts). Both will be looking to take 6pts from their encounters and hoping that HW Uni drop some points. Fewer points could suffice if HW Uni dropped more than 2pts. Due to their far more considerable GD, HW Uni have almost got an extra point down.

What a remarkable afternoon.

Civil Service 1-5 Leith

Spartans EOS 0-3 Easthouses

Leith got their required victory but so did Easthouses: the Lily will become champion of the EOS Premier Division unless Lothian Thistle beat Leith next weekend.

1 Easthouses Lil P24 52pts +23

2 Lothian THV P23 49pts +30

3 Leith Athletic P23 47pts +33

Craigroyston 1-2 Stirling Uni ?

Seemingly relegation hinged on the last minute of the game. According to the Stirling Uni EOS twitter they got the winner in the final 60 seconds of the season to survive and send down Craigroyston.

7 Stir Uni EOS P24 19pts -23

8 Craigroyston P24 18pts -30

9 Coldstream P24 13pts -41

Duns 8-0 Ormiston :o

Kelso 0-6 HW Uni

Incredible scoreline at Duns which combined with HW's win is the end of Ormiston's promotion hopes. Considering GD (unless they can repeat today's feat next Saturday!!) Duns now have to win their last 2 games - at home to Peebles on Wednesday then away to Ormiston - and hope HW fail to beat Eyemouth. What has happened to Ormiston these last weeks?

1 Peebles P26 69pts +57

2 Heriot-Watt P27 53pts +39

3 Duns P26 49pts +27

4 Ormiston P27 49pts +5

A did not expect this result. It was an absolute hiding. Expected Ormiston to give us a good game but can't say Ormiston were dreadful because Duns played really well. Two must win games now! Praying our rival Eyemouth can do us a huge favour!

A did not expect this result. It was an absolute hiding. Expected Ormiston to give us a good game but can't say Ormiston were dreadful because Duns played really well. Two must win games now! Praying our rival Eyemouth can do us a huge favour!

I went to watch the Duns v Ormiston game yesterday as a neutral and to look at a couple of Duns players yesterday, all in all it was a relatively poor game and Ormiston did let themselves down by throwing the towel in against a decent physical duns side. But in all my life of watching football and playing football in many different leagues and levels i have never seen a referee as bad in my life. I am not one of these guys to come on and slate a guy who ultimately keeps these games going on a sat by giving up his time to referee foe a mere £40 plus expenses but this guy should have had a mask on for taking the money yesterday. Paul Hanlon had a very very poor game to say the least, but i reiterate had no reflection on the outcome of the game. In the first have i witnessed a Duns player recieve treatment for an injury, now the physio was not waved on the park nor did the player leave the park post treatment. Between the 35th minute and 75th minute there must have been at least 10 yellow cards didhed out for what i can only describe at contact. He completely lost control of the game and point blank refused to speak to any of both teams players about any situation. Ormistons number 9 was sent off for 2 yellows the first one which was so harsh and never a yellow for a coming together between 2 players nothing in it for either then a secong for a light trip on the duns number 4, all in all never enough to warrant a sending off, then 2 minutes later an Ormiston player hacks down a duns man in the box for a stonewall penalty and doesnt even see yellow, it was all pharsical. I totally appreciate we need guys to referee at these levels to keep football alive, but this guy had no appreciation of football or even people skills, The ormiston guys should be embarrassed about there performance as they have proved they are a decent side all season but by god Paul Hanlon should be very ashamed.

It looks like HW are going up if indeed anyone goes up or down from either league. Ormiston and Duns have been too inconsistent and both of them have conceded 8 and 6 in recent games. Scores like those are often down to those on the receiving end being short of their best players for one reason or another. Who would want to be a manager at that level these days when so many players jet off during a season on holiday instead of in the summer like years gone by. They didn't go on a stag do that lasted a weekend either, a stag do was a Saturday night after a match. Changed days.

When I go to watch a game as a neutral, I usually come away realising that the refs are usually better than I imagine they are when I'm more involved in a game.

The exception is usually Paul Hanlon!

His decision making isn't that much worse than others but his handling of players is woeful and he struggles to keep up with play due to running like he's got a stone in his shoe.

All that said, I wouldn't do it so hats off to him for putting himself through that every week.

I went to watch the Duns v Ormiston game yesterday as a neutral and to look at a couple of Duns players yesterday, all in all it was a relatively poor game and Ormiston did let themselves down by throwing the towel in against a decent physical duns side. But in all my life of watching football and playing football in many different leagues and levels i have never seen a referee as bad in my life. I am not one of these guys to come on and slate a guy who ultimately keeps these games going on a sat by giving up his time to referee foe a mere £40 plus expenses but this guy should have had a mask on for taking the money yesterday. Paul Hanlon had a very very poor game to say the least, but i reiterate had no reflection on the outcome of the game. In the first have i witnessed a Duns player recieve treatment for an injury, now the physio was not waved on the park nor did the player leave the park post treatment. Between the 35th minute and 75th minute there must have been at least 10 yellow cards didhed out for what i can only describe at contact. He completely lost control of the game and point blank refused to speak to any of both teams players about any situation. Ormistons number 9 was sent off for 2 yellows the first one which was so harsh and never a yellow for a coming together between 2 players nothing in it for either then a secong for a light trip on the duns number 4, all in all never enough to warrant a sending off, then 2 minutes later an Ormiston player hacks down a duns man in the box for a stonewall penalty and doesnt even see yellow, it was all pharsical. I totally appreciate we need guys to referee at these levels to keep football alive, but this guy had no appreciation of football or even people skills, The ormiston guys should be embarrassed about there performance as they have proved they are a decent side all season but by god Paul Hanlon should be very ashamed.

having went to this game also, this sums it up for me

Archived