Clyde v Albion Rovers

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems churlish to moan at a time of celebration, but I do wonder why Donnelly wasn't recalled for this one. The foregoing tells us how far from the manager's plans he and Chaplain are. On another topic: I'd take McQueen and Marsh for next season at Cliftonhill.

You'll be digging into those deep pockets of yours if you want to take Brian McScenes away from us. Interesting that you rated their performances up front and in midfield on Saturday, as both have been somewhat unconvincing at centre back this season. They've both done well in their new roles, though. I think Ferguson has to get some credit for being able to retrain players in that fashion.

I've said it before and I'll carry on saying it for as long as I have to: the 2011 promotion team wouldn't have gone up without Scott Chaplain, and this season, even though he started under half of this season's games, we probably wouldn't have won the league without him.

Any manager should know that, fit enough for 90 minutes or not, he's a crucial re-signing for where we're going.

A 1-3-4-2, Scotland v Gibraltar style, with Turnbull, Mullin and Young in front of Ross D.

McKenzie and McGuigan on the wings, Cadden and Phillips in midfield and Chaplain and Gemmell up front.

(Either that or build a time machine to go back to a time before we sent our spare defender away on loan.)

Why does Neil Parry get the captain's armband before the more influential and vocal Scott Chaplain?

Clearly. But I question the choice: Chaplain was the Rovers captain when some of our current squad were in primary school, and since then he's only become more suitable to lead a team.

I've said it before and I'll carry on saying it for as long as I have to: the 2011 promotion team wouldn't have gone up without Scott Chaplain, and this season, even though he started under half of this season's games, we probably wouldn't have won the league without him.

Any manager should know that, fit enough for 90 minutes or not, he's a crucial re-signing for where we're going.

Hi Scott. Don't worry about it too much, I'm sure you'll find a new team for next season. :P

^^^

Chappie's hairs between his teeth...

indeed. Very shabby. Unnecessarily so.

I'm not sure. It's been over a year since Ciaran had a good game for us - Ibrox - and it was probably in his interest to go somewhere where he would get a game. It said so on the Rovers' excoboard. I'd imagine the like of Shire or Berwick would take him for next season.

aye well done albion rovers best team in the league this year and maybe see you again soon when we win league next year and yous dont get relagated that would be funny lol

I'm not sure. It's been over a year since Ciaran had a good game for us - Ibrox - and it was probably in his interest to go somewhere where he would get a game. It said so on the Rovers' excoboard. I'd imagine the like of Shire or Berwick would take him for next season.

I'm not disputing his absence from the starting XI, more the obvious estranged relationship from the club.

He remains a decent footballer but clearly there is a bit of an issue behind the scenes.

aye well done albion rovers best team in the league this year and maybe see you again soon when we win league next year and yous dont get relagated that would be funny lol

Maybe Motherwell will join us to make League One a big Lanarkshire love-in.

Donnelly has bizarrely been offered a new contract by Rovers, which has understandably been turned down by same. Typical Rovers.

Could be re- united with Jim Chapman at Annan - probably have a few offers in this division.

Donnelly isn't up to the standard we should be setting for next season but he is a loyal and well-liked servant of the club and I had hoped that, like Danny Ferry or Todd Lumsden, he'd have stuck around on a playing contract but with a behind-the-scenes role.

It's clear that Ciaran would rather spend his time on the pitch and that's 100% understandable- but I hope that the club will keep the door open to him in case he changes his mind.

Donnelly isn't up to the standard we should be setting for next season but he is a loyal and well-liked servant of the club and I had hoped that, like Danny Ferry or Todd Lumsden, he'd have stuck around on a playing contract but with a behind-the-scenes role.

It's clear that Ciaran would rather spend his time on the pitch and that's 100% understandable- but I hope that the club will keep the door open to him in case he changes his mind.

Hardly, his treatment this season has been shabby and the organisation of his testimonial events so far have been embarrassing.

It seems churlish to moan at a time of celebration, but I do wonder why Donnelly wasn't recalled for this one. The foregoing tells us how far from the manager's plans he and Chaplain are. On another topic: I'd take McQueen and Marsh for next season at Cliftonhill.

Surely should be setting the bar higher than Marsh for league 1. Scored a good goal but only other contribution was a horror tackle on young Cadden. Should have been a red. He was a nervous wreck at centre half .

Only not as noticible coz the ball goes from back to front and misses midfield out. If ball is kept on ground he'll look like what he is . A defender playing midfield

McQueen is ok though

Maybe Motherwell will join us to make League One a big Lanarkshire love-in.

yea that would be good mate wish you guys all the best for next season hope you do well and dont come back down and when we win leage next season well be on the way up together lol

Was Marsh not the one who shat himself when Gemmell came on?

That sounds about right. I've been 50/50 on Marsh since we signed him, but he's had more 'mares and f**k-ups this year than any other. He was coming into form alongside Marko, but unfortunately was a flash in the pan, but like McQueen appears to be an ex-centre half. May fold under questioning.

Archived