The South Challenge Cup Final

onepoundfifty

I know you have taken it off Rab, but where did you hear that? Surely they can't have it in Edinburgh given one team is from there?

I heard it on the grapevine Pat but your are right no official confirmation so I've taken it down. Would mean a longer trip for BSC.

Slightly off-topic, but there must be more myths surrounding the South Challenge Cup Final than any other in Scottish football :lol:.

Some perennial favourites I recall include: "it has to be played on a Scottish League ground", "it has to be halfway between the clubs", and "it has to be on grass". In practice these have been the finals since inception:

2007-08 ... Annan Athletic v Edinburgh City ... at Netherdale

2008-09 ... Spartans v Edinburgh University ...at Meadowbank

2009-10 ... Spartans v Gretna 2008 ... at Tynecastle

2010-11 ... Spartans v Edinburgh City ... at Tynecastle

2011-12 ... University of Stirling v Duns... at Netherdale (on 3G)

2012-13 ... Whitehill Welfare v Dalbeattie Star ... at Annan (on 3G)

2013-14 ... East Kilbride v Dalbeattie Star ... at Palmerston (on 3G)

So only 4 out of the 7 have been on Scottish League grounds (I think the 'principle' is actually just that it has to have a stand?); at least 3 have been nothing like halfway between both clubs; and the last 3 have all been played on plastic pitches!!

Good point, it's even further I would like to see it somewhere that has a decent surface, and I am not sure Whitehill fits the bill, however I may be speaking from a position of ignorance as I am only going on hearsay.

Yes total ignorance considering what yous play on !

I can reveal that the Fergie Park pitch was lush and verdant tonight and the winning team scored a nice second goal on it...

I just wish we had the luxury of moaning about where the Cup Final venue is.... :(

I can reveal that the Fergie Park pitch was lush and verdant tonight and the winning team scored a nice second goal on it...

I just wish we had the luxury of moaning about where the Cup Final venue is.... :(

Cheers for the update, to be honest I am just glad we are in it.......wherever it is ????

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing this game. Rosewell might not have been anybodys first choice but its still an ideal venue. Some bigger pitches can spoil cup finals. Tight pitches with supporters close to the lines enhance the game. Both teams have genuine quality in their ranks but the offensive power BSC possess should over run Civil.

Archived