Will the loons bottle it

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A team with Douglas, Baxter, Dods, Malcolm, Young, Swankie and Templeman won't bottle it. If we fail to win this league, it'll be because we're not good enough. Not bottling it.

Agreed, I don't think bottle has anything to do with it for any of the teams involved. Any points that are dropped in these last three games are down to not being good enough rather than bottle: we've all shown our tendency to drop daft points throughout the season.

Not a case of bottling it.

The league is so tight that one defeat may cost us but given the two tough away games, that is possible.

Morton & Stranraer have to play each other too, so I think 69 points (2 wins from 3) may be enough.

Not convinced by two wins being enough. There is every chance that either Stranraer or Morton will win their last three games. If Forfar drop three points and Stranraer win their games, they take top spot. If Morton win their three games it could come down to goal difference which is presently +19 each.

I am hoping for Peterhead and/or Dunfermline to do us a favour but of the three teams in contention, Forfar have the most experienced team in terms of dealing with the pressure and I think they will not bottle it. Morton have a very young team and they could easily continue to have bottle problems.

If Morton had lost on Saturday that was them out of the title race, that's why I hoped Morton had lost because I see them as favourites against Stranraer which meant we could afford to slip up against Dunfermline as I can't see us winning

I think the thread title having the word "bottling" is misleading.

Any team is capable of losing if they encounter a team who has them sussed - as we did against Forfar and Brechin lately. Doesn't make them bottlers.

all going as I have previosly said,but didnt see 3 late against stenny, still I was still there.

Still don't think Forfar will get by Peterhead.

Stranraer v Ton for the top spot.

Ton need to win as Brechin have got us sussed and the play offs are not an option,

Forfar would be my top play off team if their legs keep going

Think we will win it now, we are on an unstoppable run and the players just seem to have so much confidence and belief. I dont see Morton or Stranrear winning all their game so 7 points, possibly 6 will be enough for us.

Archived