Cambuslang Rangers

Brycie73

Shit....pressed reply there when I wasn't finished...

So continuing...

I received a few calls from different teams, (I won't name them), I decided to sign with Glencairn, as they made me feel wanted the most....simple! Nothing to do with 'jumping ship' or not being 'a real Cambuslang man', I do still hold a place for Camby, always will! As for leaving a bitter taste in your mouth, there's not a lot I can do about that, but hey you got a good 7yr service out me, surely that must dilute that bitter taste!? I'm sad to see where Camby are at right now, but I wish you all the best!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit....pressed reply there when I wasn't finished...

So continuing...

I received a few calls from different teams, (I won't name them), I decided to sign with Glencairn, as they made me feel wanted the most....simple! Nothing to do with 'jumping ship' or not being 'a real Cambuslang man', I do still hold a place for Camby, always will! As for leaving a bitter taste in your mouth, there's not a lot I can do about that, but hey you got a good 7yr service out me, surely that must dilute that bitter taste!? I'm sad to see where Camby are at right now, but I wish you all the best!

I wish you'd kept all that to yourself.

5, Peter F, Bish and Deco made it Perfectly Clear they would not be playing for Cambuslang Rangers again after Wardie left, we had no option than to sell them.

Did Deco not play the game on the Saturday after Wardy left, before signing for us on the Monday ?

Peter maybe I should have worded it better. He made it clear he wanted to move on. I know he still loves Cambuslang and we would have him and Bish back in a minute. Well I would that is

£1m each and they're yours tomorrow.

Loyalty to Alan was the reason a lot of guys ended up playing for the club in the first place, myself included.

I went through the ups and downs with the Gaffer and the players and I dont doubt for one minute when they said they genuinely care about the club. But times change, players move on. Not everyone will agree and difference of opinions is what keeps us talking about football.

To say Alan doesnt care about the club or he isnt a Cambuslang man is ridiculous, you just have to look around his house and see the pictures of the club / players to see he cares about the club deeply.

The man is a Cambuslang legend whether you like it or not! :P

Players will move to play with a manager who wants them and where they feel comfortable. We found that out only too well in 2010 when Smith & Patterson moved on to Petershill and most of our first choice players followed them. It happens a lot, many Ashfield players followed Rankin to Irvine Meadow as well.

That's football, the ups and downs, and you just have to deal with it at the time as best you can, which is what Cambuslang have tried to do.

Loyalty to Alan was the reason a lot of guys ended up playing for the club in the first place, myself included.

I went through the ups and downs with the Gaffer and the players and I dont doubt for one minute when they said they genuinely care about the club. But times change, players move on. Not everyone will agree and difference of opinions is what keeps us talking about football.

To say Alan doesnt care about the club or he isnt a Cambuslang man is ridiculous, you just have to look around his house and see the pictures of the club / players to see he cares about the club deeply.

Where you getting legend from. I have worked in cambuslang for a while and knew two or three Lang guys and non of them ever mentioned the guy being a 'legend' .

End of the day he managed the club in the lower leagues, never won a cup as manager and left after a few games of a new season. The players he had who had a reputation of being good players are no more than decent junior players in the grand scheme of things.

Can understand the Cambuslang fans having the hump.

Where you getting legend from. I have worked in cambuslang for a while and knew two or three Lang guys and non of them ever mentioned the guy being a 'legend' .

End of the day he managed the club in the lower leagues, never won a cup as manager and left after a few games of a new season. The players he had who had a reputation of being good players are no more than decent junior players in the grand scheme of things.

Can understand the Cambuslang fans having the hump.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RRG bursts some more bubbles! :(

:lol:

Players will move to play with a manager who wants them and where they feel comfortable. We found that out only too well in 2010 when Smith & Patterson moved on to Petershill and most of our first choice players followed them. It happens a lot, many Ashfield players followed Rankin to Irvine Meadow as well.

That's football, the ups and downs, and you just have to deal with it at the time as best you can, which is what Cambuslang have tried to do.

at last you've not used the word TOOK the players

Has he got pictures of you on the wall??!! Surely Wardys not that sad.... Now if it was your Bro....... :)

Willie McCallum,Jackie Mordue,Billy Paterson,John Cumming, Rusty Craig etc.That's legends!

Agreed these guys are legends. If Cambuslang want to see guys even close to these legends standard again then the rebuilding starts now. On and off the park.Cambuslang needs new ideas and fresh initiatives off the park. We can't live off Scottish cup wins 50 years ago forever. The average age of supporters must be a good age but credit where due they show up every week and I feel for the fans as it's been a miserable 2 years. If things keep going the way they are Cambuslang rangers could be forgotten about.

More than a miserable 2 yrs. Havn't won anything for 15yrs

Cambuslang Rangers

Season 1999/2000 -sectional league cup winners

Season 2003/2004 -central league division 1 winners

Season 2012/2013 -central league division 2 winners

Lang , take your medication before you lift your phone in the morning.

Archived