Cambuslang Rangers

Brycie73

If he loved the club & had its best interests at heart , why when he turned his back on the club did he come back & take a raft of our players away then? That's hardly thy actions of someone who loves the club. Another couple suddenly signed for our local rivals Rutherglen. For these 2 guys to state that they left Cambuslang out of loyalty to Wardlaw & join our neighbours ( not East Kilbride) Is an insult to everyone at Cambuslang Rangers. Our best defender , Gavin Rushford ended up at Arthurlie a few days after asking to be released as he was giving up football. Wardy then came back in the close season & pinched more players.

Surely someone who 'loves the club' wouldn't undermine our playing staff as if 'they belonged to him'. This is the main reason most Cambuslang fans I speak to feel bitter towards him. It's as if he was on a mission to destroy us. Listen , that was his choice to do this. It's done now , we've all moved on , but don't insult Cambuslang fans in saying he was Cambuslang through & through. He burnt his bridges as far as we're concerned & it was him who lit the fire. He'll probably come back on here poopooing all this but that's the way it happened. He doesn't love Cambuslang Rangers. He left & blew the place up on the way out.

He's also got previous for this. When he played for us , he took the huff when Andy Cunningham dropped him , suddenly he was at Larkhall as coach or whatever , then came back to Cambuslang & pillaged half of our league winning team from 03/04. Off the top of my head the players were , Ferguson , Doak , McRae , Brown etc. if he loved Cambuslang , why would he undermine the team?

He can come back on here & put his usual self serving spin on things , but he's done it twice to us , spat his dummy out & reeked revenge.

That's why there's animosity towards him.

Basically if he doesn't get his own way he turns on you. That's what he's done twice to his 'beloved'Cambuslang Rangers.

love a meltdown as it shows true colours eh? You must have been a pup when Wardy was playing eh?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Another couple suddenly signed for our local rivals Rutherglen...

We made a transfer fee offer for both players, and Cambuslang's committee accepted the offers. It's not as if they walked away for nothing.

If he loved the club & had its best interests at heart , why when he turned his back on the club did he come back & take a raft of our players away then? That's hardly thy actions of someone who loves the club. Another couple suddenly signed for our local rivals Rutherglen. For these 2 guys to state that they left Cambuslang out of loyalty to Wardlaw & join our neighbours ( not East Kilbride) Is an insult to everyone at Cambuslang Rangers. Our best defender , Gavin Rushford ended up at Arthurlie a few days after asking to be released as he was giving up football. Wardy then came back in the close season & pinched more players.

Surely someone who 'loves the club' wouldn't undermine our playing staff as if 'they belonged to him'. This is the main reason most Cambuslang fans I speak to feel bitter towards him. It's as if he was on a mission to destroy us. Listen , that was his choice to do this. It's done now , we've all moved on , but don't insult Cambuslang fans in saying he was Cambuslang through & through. He burnt his bridges as far as we're concerned & it was him who lit the fire. He'll probably come back on here poopooing all this but that's the way it happened. He doesn't love Cambuslang Rangers. He left & blew the place up on the way out.

He's also got previous for this. When he played for us , he took the huff when Andy Cunningham dropped him , suddenly he was at Larkhall as coach or whatever , then came back to Cambuslang & pillaged half of our league winning team from 03/04. Off the top of my head the players were , Ferguson , Doak , McRae , Brown etc. if he loved Cambuslang , why would he undermine the team?

He can come back on here & put his usual self serving spin on things , but he's done it twice to us , spat his dummy out & reeked revenge.

That's why there's animosity towards him.

Basically if he doesn't get his own way he turns on you. That's what he's done twice to his 'beloved'Cambuslang Rangers.

I wasnt going to give you the satisfaction of replying however, i must say you have excelled yourself with the above. Nailed it all, perfectly.....apart from the facts of course. Just as JC said yesterday, because YOU say thats how it happened doesnt add any weight to a story.

This as you suggest is not "self serving" its the right of reply.

I will not discuss in public the full reasons behind my leaving Cambuslang. I emailled you at the time and explained as best i could...you accepted that, whats changed now.

I did not take ANY players from Cambuslang when i joing EK. So that kinda kills that angle. If your referring to Paul Bain he was a free agent. Andy McFarlane was with EK Rolls Royce. The 2 players who joined at the start of this season were also free agents at that time. This is what we call in football the transfer market.

Very good angle also with the Larkhall piece and spitting the dummy. Brilliant. My last agme for cambuslang was November 2nd (my birthday thats how i remember), i didnt play again under Andy for the remainder of that season, and still to this day i havent been told why, incidentally i never missed a training session nor game for the full season. Hardly spitting the dummy, but when it was apparent i had no future as a GK i left AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

I joined Larkhall as a GK/coach under Gary Faulds and Stevie Moore, i think you may find it was they who signed the majority of the players you are speaking about. I did not manage Larkhall until a full year later. Incidentally Andy McFarlane and Craig Ferguson joing Arthurlie with Gary but both later cam,e with me to Cambuslang...THATS HOW THESE THINGS WORK !!!!

What i dont understand is i have kept this very civil on the exchange of posts so what has went from "good luck with retirement see you about Somervell", to the tirade above? Wine ?

Don't think that was an intended dig at your club Peter, calm down dear. The players were quick to jump ship but this is past shit, Christ even Ginge V Maryhill threw 3 goals, which was a massive game and killed the teams chances of staying up but next season is the most important season now!!!

Don't think that was an intended dig at your club Peter, calm down dear. The players were quick to jump ship but this is past...

Lol, I'm calm, quite enjoying this debate actually. :P

As for the players being "quick to jump ship", Cambuslang were equally quick to accept an offer for Deco. He played on the Saturday for you, and by the Monday night the contracts were signed before he played in a friendly for us (scoring inside the first minute :thumsup2 ). Bishop was a different story, it took almost a further three weeks for him to come to Glencairn, while "scoop cotter" was telling the world that Bishop was going to East Kilbride Thistle, lol. 8)

Has ek boy not revealed something.Alan would love 2 b chairma

Lol, i had to re-read that myself, not a 100% certain who Ek Boy is but if it is who i think it is, he could be the very man to invest and help take the club forward, not me. Only a shot on Gordons tractor is left for me to tick off on my bucket list. Are you back involved in any capacity Douglas or just a mamber now?

I wasnt going to give you the satisfaction of replying however, i must say you have excelled yourself with the above. Nailed it all, perfectly.....apart from the facts of course. Just as JC said yesterday, because YOU say thats how it happened doesnt add any weight to a story.

This as you suggest is not "self serving" its the right of reply.

I will not discuss in public the full reasons behind my leaving Cambuslang. I emailled you at the time and explained as best i could...you accepted that, whats changed now.

I did not take ANY players from Cambuslang when i joing EK. So that kinda kills that angle. If your referring to Paul Bain he was a free agent. Andy McFarlane was with EK Rolls Royce. The 2 players who joined at the start of this season were also free agents at that time. This is what we call in football the transfer market.

Very good angle also with the Larkhall piece and spitting the dummy. Brilliant. My last agme for cambuslang was November 2nd (my birthday thats how i remember), i didnt play again under Andy for the remainder of that season, and still to this day i havent been told why, incidentally i never missed a training session nor game for the full season. Hardly spitting the dummy, but when it was apparent i had no future as a GK i left AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

I joined Larkhall as a GK/coach under Gary Faulds and Stevie Moore, i think you may find it was they who signed the majority of the players you are speaking about. I did not manage Larkhall until a full year later. Incidentally Andy McFarlane and Craig Ferguson joing Arthurlie with Gary but both later cam,e with me to Cambuslang...THATS HOW THESE THINGS WORK !!!!

What i dont understand is i have kept this very civil on the exchange of posts so what has went from "good luck with retirement see you about Somervell", to the tirade above? Wine ?

Listen , I was responding to 'EK boy' , whose obviously one of your 'yes men' / henchmen or whatever , I thought for a minute it might actually be indeed yourself.

I'll start with your 'wine' jibe. I've actually been teetotal for over 30 years , however watching Cambuslang lately there is an argument for using alcohol to numb the pain , but gladly I've abstained from temptation.

You know what Wardy , you can dress it up anyway you like re the mass exodus from Cambuslang , but you know in your heart of hearts that you had a massive part to play in it. I'd see the point if you'd been sacked , but apparrently it was a petty dispute with a member of the committee that made you see red & trigger your resignation. really disappointed that you still maintain that you weren't on a mission to twist the knife after you left , in fact id think more of you if you put your hand up & said 'yes , I did put the boot in after I left'. Your quite a volatile guy & we all do & say things we regret , but it still leaves a rotten taste in the mouth that you deny trying to fk us over. As I said , you'd go up in my estimation if you admitted on this forum that you did indeed undermine the club.

If you'd just left without doing what you did & kept a dignified silence I'd probably be more pissed off with the committee than I was with you. Why did you have to go to the press (local & national) to state that 'cambuslang showed a lack of respect to you , or words to that effect? This is why I can't understand your claim to be Cambuslang through & through. If you were, you wouldn't have slagged us off to the papers , tap up our players , talked Bishop & Kilmartin (not revealing my source to this , but if this gets heated or nasty , then I will)to leave etc.

listen , I've got a few other things I could mention on here , but keeping my gunpowder dry just now.

That's not a threat , it's just 'keeping a bit in reserve'. I might sound bitter , but hey , you know the feeling don't you?

Listen , I was responding to 'EK boy' , whose obviously one of your 'yes men' / henchmen or whatever , I thought for a minute it might actually be indeed yourself.

I'll start with your 'wine' jibe. I've actually been teetotal for over 30 years , however watching Cambuslang lately there is an argument for using alcohol to numb the pain , but gladly I've abstained from temptation.

You know what Wardy , you can dress it up anyway you like re the mass exodus from Cambuslang , but you know in your heart of hearts that you had a massive part to play in it. I'd see the point if you'd been sacked , but apparrently it was a petty dispute with a member of the committee that made you see red & trigger your resignation. really disappointed that you still maintain that you weren't on a mission to twist the knife after you left , in fact id think more of you if you put your hand up & said 'yes , I did put the boot in after I left'. Your quite a volatile guy & we all do & say things we regret , but it still leaves a rotten taste in the mouth that you deny trying to fk us over. As I said , you'd go up in my estimation if you admitted on this forum that you did indeed undermine the club.

If you'd just left without doing what you did & kept a dignified silence I'd probably be more pissed off with the committee than I was with you. Why did you have to go to the press (local & national) to state that 'cambuslang showed a lack of respect to you , or words to that effect? This is why I can't understand your claim to be Cambuslang through & through. If you were, you wouldn't have slagged us off to the papers , tap up our players , talked Bishop & Kilmartin (not revealing my source to this , but if this gets heated or nasty , then I will)to leave etc.

listen , I've got a few other things I could mention on here , but keeping my gunpowder dry just now.

That's not a threat , it's just 'keeping a bit in reserve'. I might sound bitter , but hey , you know the feeling don't you?

Lol, not a problem, i have said my bit, provided an explanation so i will leave you to spout your bitterness all alone.

When did I say they walked away for nothing?

You didn't, but my point was that Cambuslang had to agree to the players leaving, and they did, while receiving fees which the club deemed to be acceptable. Glencairn made bids for the players, Cambuslang accepted a deal for Deco very quickly, while the Bishop deal took a wee bit longer to sort out. But the discussions were all between the clubs directly and all done in the correct manner.

You didn't, but my point was that Cambuslang had to agree to the players leaving, and they did, while receiving fees which the club deemed to be acceptable. Glencairn made bids for the players, Cambuslang accepted a deal for Deco very quickly, while the Bishop deal took a wee bit longer to sort out. But the discussions were all between the clubs directly and all done in the correct manner.

Again , when did I suggest that everything wasn't done in the correct manner?

Again , when did I suggest that everything wasn't done in the correct manner?

You seem to think I'm suggesting you're saying things I'm not. My point is that the players left because Cambuslang accepted bids for them, they wouldn't have left the club otherwise.

I know for a fact that Deco still holds a great affection for Cambuslang, you only need to look at his Facebook profile picture to know that, and he returns to Somervell to support the team whenever he can. Bishop was at the game v Johnstone Burgh last week as well. These guys did not leave Cambuslang with a bitter taste in their mouth or with bad feelings towards the people at the club. They left because they had an opportunity to go and play Super League football and Cambuslang (post-Wardlaw) got acceptable fees and let them go.

You seem to think I'm suggesting you're saying things I'm not. My point is that the players left because Cambuslang accepted bids for them, they wouldn't have left the club otherwise.

I know for a fact that Deco still holds a great affection for Cambuslang, you only need to look at his Facebook profile picture to know that, and he returns to Somervell to support the team whenever he can. Bishop was at the game v Johnstone Burgh last week as well. These guys did not leave Cambuslang with a bitter taste in their mouth or with bad feelings towards the people at the club. They left because they had an opportunity to go and play Super League football and Cambuslang (post-Wardlaw) got acceptable fees and let them go.

They asked to be put on the transfer list practically right after Wardy chucked it. That was what baffled most of us. We thought they were 'real Cambuslang men' , but apparrently they were only at Cambuslang 'because of Wardy' , which came as a shock to most of us. Bish was captain & player of the year for about 3 years in a row , while big Deco was our talisman & top scorer for the previous few years. For them to ask away then sign for Rutherglen was a sore one , I'm sure you'd agree if it happened the other way you'd have a right face on you.

I seen Bish at the Johnstone burgh game standing with Wardy & his harem. I take it you guys didnt have a game?

Lastly , I wouldn't say they left to play 'super first football'. They left because Wardy wasn't at Cambuslang anymore. That's what they said at the time.

I don't doubt for a minute that Rutherglen acted impeccably , it's the players that didn't in my opinion. Thought them 2 would be the last to jump ship.

They asked to be put on the transfer list practically right after Wardy chucked it. That was what baffled most of us. We thought they were 'real Cambuslang men' , but apparrently they were only at Cambuslang 'because of Wardy' , which came as a shock to most of us. Bish was captain & player of the year for about 3 years in a row , while big Deco was our talisman & top scorer for the previous few years. For them to ask away then sign for Rutherglen was a sore one , I'm sure you'd agree if it happened the other way you'd have a right face on you.

I seen Bish at the Johnstone burgh game standing with Wardy & his harem. I take it you guys didnt have a game?

Lastly , I wouldn't say they left to play 'super first football'. They left because Wardy wasn't at Cambuslang anymore. That's what they said at the time.

I don't doubt for a minute that Rutherglen acted impeccably , it's the players that didn't in my opinion. Thought them 2 would be the last to jump ship.

You are correct, we didn't have a game that day, that's why I was at your game.

1, John Doyle is still the Cambuslang Rangers manager.

2, No one has been appointed to replace him, as he is STILL the Cambuslang Rangers Manager.

3, If Promises have been made to other Managers, I would like to think I would have been informed/consulted, being on the Committee of Cambuslang Rangers?

4, EKBOY, John Mitchell was NEVER in contention for the Job last year (wasnt interviwed). Hindsight is great though, which we dont have sadly

5, Peter F, Bish and Deco made it Perfectly Clear they would not be playing for Cambuslang Rangers again after Wardie left, we had no option than to sell them.

6, Wardie had a 3 year plan to get us out of the first division, well he did, just no the right way :thumsup2

Now as for this season, we have been poor, we have under achieved but look at what the 2 managers have had to contend with.

The injuries have been horrendous, infact I think we are missing 10 players come Saturday's final game of the season, and 3 of the players on Saturday v Port were carrying injuries. 3 havent trained for weeks for various reasons. Some quality players have left, Hamilton, Marriott, Kelsall and Grier.

Dymock has just returned from an operation.

Then to cap it off the Co-Managers go there seperate ways with Paddy resigning.

I know some peope just turn up on a Saturday and dont see the goings on behind the scenes but these things have had a massive impact.

Unfair on John Doyle to take the blame for it all in my opinion.

One of the guys in Sweepers on Saturday was a friend of John Doyle, who he hopes to bring in as assistant should he get the job full time.

And finally I havent heard of ANYONE being offered the job, but I wouldnt expect otherwise as we already have a manager.

Here are the scenarios that could happen

(1) John Doyle vacates the managers position after Saturday's Last Game Of The Season

or

(2) John Doyle is sacked after the final game by Committee

or

(3) The Committee then appoint a new manager prior to AGM

or

(4) John Doyle is in charge come the AGM (4th May) where he will put his case for keeping the job and the Members will decide after a vote

Afternoon Gents!

I don't reply to anything on here, in fact it might only be my 2nd or 3rd post ever, but I just wanted to clear up a few things....

Was my transfer request the result of Wardie leaving the club?......Yes! Was it a decision I took lightly?....No! I absolutely loved my time at Camby, the best times of my junior career, if it wasn't for Wardie and Tam Miller I would never have been at the club!! So, with Wardie and Billy gone and players making noises about leaving also, after building up such a great dressing room camaraderie, it was hard to see that enjoyment continuing! After taking advice off a few of my old coaches and fellow players (not Camby related btw!)....I asked for be made available for transfer.......

Archived