Cambuslang Rangers

Brycie73

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facts are facts. You pissed the manager off , you never played again , therefore you were chased , or maybe you prefer the word 'sacked'.

hahaha or I spat the dummy and didn't go back!! FACTS are FACTS.

It was me that took the team down that season, fire fighting with players leaving and having to fill jerseys with who ever was available, despite going down it was down to 1 point and the last kick off the ball, leaving Lanark safe. In that Cambuslang has a great history, fabulous catchment for players and 1 of the best playing surfaces in the West. A club no too far down the road needed a season to create a hardcore of players and by adding quality won the league at a canter, have beating quality team in the Scottish and are in contention for promotion this year. Give John the time to add better players for next season, rebuilding disnae mean winning the league in the 1st season does it. I thought it meant moving forward in the right direction. Wardy was a success in my opinion in his time at Cambuslang, Christ he signed me to make sure we won the league at a crucial time. Sign of a good manager ;-)

Wardy's remit was 2 get us into the super leagues which we never came close 2, despite all the top class players who were signed. Instead we yoyod between the bottom 2 divisions,which I do not see as any kind of success

Bit of advice Jon , when your in a hole , stop digging.

advice from someone who says fact when it ain't true??? Nah your alright there I'll pass. BTW I'm in no hole so keep spouting on and let's stick to the FACTS

Wardy's remit was 2 get us into the super leagues which we never came close 2, despite all the top class players who were signed. Instead we yoyod between the bottom 2 divisions,which I do not see as any kind of success

Douglas, I dont recall EVER having the remit to get Cambuslang into the Super League, and if the truth be told we got promotion twice and relegated on goal difference once. But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just my final point regarding the budget you mentioned earlier, yes we had a decent budget, but i surely you would conceed that i contributed significantly to getting that budget? seems a bit contradictory.

And finally can i just AGAIN clear up the point, i did not laeve Cambuslang for the job at EK. They offered us teh job 3 days AFTER i had left. Im sure someone from the EK committee can confirm.

advice from someone who says fact when it ain't true??? Nah your alright there I'll pass. BTW I'm in no hole so keep spouting on and let's stick to the FACTS

I heard it straight from the horses mouth , so either its you telling lies or it's him.

By the way that's a fact.

Alan, aim was always 2 go up and yes u did contribute substantially 2 the budget but in my opinion we did not get success.hear what u say bout ek job but seems strange 2 me.Any way all the best wth ur retirement P.S jon ur slow!

I heard it straight from the horses mouth , so either its you telling lies or it's him.

By the way that's a fact.

facts are I was not sacked or chased I spat dummy and both of us agreed it was best I moved on which I did. So let's stick to facts

Alan, aim was always 2 go up and yes u did contribute substantially 2 the budget but in my opinion we did not get success.hear what u say bout ek job but seems strange 2 me.Any way all the best wth ur retirement P.S jon ur slow!

Douglas even when I was there it was clear you had it in for Wardy IMO. BTW did you not walk out too? Just saying! Also see your predictions of camby romping the league and ek bottom on the 2nd division thread didn't work out. Listen its clear for real football guys to see how well Wardy had camby

Didn't have in 4 him just said after a few seasons that we needed a change..p .s didn't walk out had 2 give up due 2 changed circumstances and as u can c from the predictor league am crap( think even u r beating me)

Douglas, I dont recall EVER having the remit to get Cambuslang into the Super League, and if the truth be told we got promotion twice and relegated on goal difference once. But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just my final point regarding the budget you mentioned earlier, yes we had a decent budget, but i surely you would conceed that i contributed significantly to getting that budget? seems a bit contradictory.

And finally can i just AGAIN clear up the point, i did not laeve Cambuslang for the job at EK. They offered us teh job 3 days AFTER i had left. Im sure someone from the EK committee can confirm.

Were you not also manager in 2006/07 when we got relegated , which would be 2 promotions plus 2 relegations in your 6 years or whatever it was in charge?

Might be wrong but think I'm correct.

Were you not also manager in 2006/07 when we got relegated , which would be 2 promotions plus 2 relegations in your 6 years or whatever it was in charge?

Might be wrong but think I'm correct.

Lol you are correct, but i think i came with possibly 6 or so games left and we had to win most of them to avoid relegation, wasnt an impossible task but improbable. However you are factually correct i was the manager when the hammer came down.

Lol you are correct, but i think i came with possibly 6 or so games left and we had to win most of them to avoid relegation, wasnt an impossible task but improbable. However you are factually correct i was the manager when the hammer came down.

Thought so.

No need for you to edit your CV , seeing as you've retired from the junior game anyway.

A game I remember well. :angel It was our home game from memory, at your place.

Thought so.

No need for you to edit your CV , seeing as you've retired from the junior game anyway.

Good idea it now reads, "after the disapointment of being relegated with the team i inherited i started my first full season at Cambuslang with no players but got promotion at first time of asking".

But you are correct again, i doubt i will need to refer to it as i am retiring. :thumsup2:thumsup2

Thought so.

pathetic attempt at a dig. Also I know what happened and so does Wardy that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Archived