The Witcher 3

spud131

28 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Would you have preferred to act out the play without the cut scene then? 

Damn these immersive games!

But thats the whole point - sitting watching something isnt immersive. You wouldnt say going to the cinema was an immersive experience.

Dont get me wrong, the game is very good at a lot of things - it looks amazing and the cities in particular are really well done - but at times I feel like Im just watching someone else rather than actually being part of the game.

ETA - its also taken a few mods to make the game less of a chore, like fast travel from anywhere

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The second-worst thing about the cut scenes (after the length) is the fact you can't pause them.

This x 10000

ETA - theres a mod that lets you do it :) Cant believe I never thought of looking

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2033

Edited by Mr X

What are you lot playing it on? I'm pretty sure I skipped a few on my 2nd play through on PC. 

But yeah pausing would be very nice. There will be a mod for that.

Edited by GiGi

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

What are you lot playing it on? I'm pretty sure I skipped a few on my 2nd play through on PC. 

But yeah pausing would be very nice. There will be a mod for that.

PC. And yes, you can skip them but then you miss out on the story and whats happening.

There is a mod, I just found one :thumsup2 

Witcher 3 is a great game but not made for everyone, particularly people who dont like narrative ot cutscenes
If I knew how to make potions and weapons it would probably be one of my favourite games. I didn't think it explained how to do this very well. Maybe it's just me.

12 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
28 minutes ago, Crroma said:
Witcher 3 is a great game but not made for everyone, particularly people who dont like narrative ot cutscenes

If I knew how to make potions and weapons it would probably be one of my favourite games. I didn't think it explained how to do this very well. Maybe it's just me.

Weapons, I think you have to go to a blacksmith once you have picked up the diagram thing. Potions are under Alchemy, are they not? Again, Im not sure exactly how it works but if you have the ingredients you can make stuff. 

I have some witcher gear but havent worked out how to upgrade that yet

Weapons, I think you have to go to a blacksmith once you have picked up the diagram thing. Potions are under Alchemy, are they not? Again, Im not sure exactly how it works but if you have the ingredients you can make stuff. 
Yeah, I've collected plenty ingredients, just not sure which ones to use or how you use them. I'm stuck at a scene in the inn where I have fight 3 or 4 guys but because my health is way down I always get killed, so I need to make a health potion or whatever you call it to boost my health.

I always found making weapons to be pointless tbh, I would always just loot as much as I could carry, then fast travel back to the guy in Novigrad Square, who would always have something slightly better than your best weapon for sale, and do a massive trade in. 

30 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
37 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, I've collected plenty ingredients, just not sure which ones to use or how you use them. I'm stuck at a scene in the inn where I have fight 3 or 4 guys but because my health is way down I always get killed, so I need to make a health potion or whatever you call it to boost my health.

You dont need potions to replenish health, just food.

17 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I always found making weapons to be pointless tbh, I would always just loot as much as I could carry, then fast travel back to the guy in Novigrad Square, who would always have something slightly better than your best weapon for sale, and do a massive trade in. 

This. Theres nothing more satisfying that buying a nice bit of kit from a merchant and then getting all your money back selling them any old tat you've picked up :lol: Even better with the auto-loot mod which means you dont even have to bother wandering around opening stuff ;) 

If you think potions are a pain in W3 you should have tried the first 2 witcher games. The first one for sure you had to gather new ingredients for each potion ie if you wanted 3 Cat potions you needed you get new stuff every time other than just alcohol topping everything back up.

And you had to prepare for monster fights beforehand as you couldn't just take potions on the fly.

On 08/08/2018 at 14:30, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I see. Been ages since I've had it on. I'll need to check on food then. I'm sure I have some. Cheers!

Might be a bit late now, but if you have time before going into combat, you can meditate to replenish all of your health. 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Might be a bit late now, but if you have time before going into combat, you can meditate to replenish all of your health. 

Only on the lower levels.  I started a save on one of the higher difficulties and they take that away.  The b*****ds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I've been off work all week and have been playing through this (I left it for a while due to being unable to defeat something) I'm level 11 and the main quest wants me to go to Novigrad, but what would happen to the 83 undiscovered locations currently in Velen? Do you get the chance to come back?

So I've been off work all week and have been playing through this (I left it for a while due to being unable to defeat something) I'm level 11 and the main quest wants me to go to Novigrad, but what would happen to the 83 undiscovered locations currently in Velen? Do you get the chance to come back?

Yup. They don’t go away. Some side-quests may close off if the story goes a certain way though.