The Witcher 3

spud131

The way it attacks you and you have no way of dodging it is both hilarious and seethe inducing.

To be fair I didn't find it as tough as i'd thought it would be. Hit him with a couple of the bomb things (can't remember their exact names), then use the Aard alchemy to stun him, get in and give him a few blows then retreat before he comes back round and repeat.

To be fair I didn't find it as tough as i'd thought it would be. Hit him with a couple of the bomb things (can't remember their exact names), then use the Aard alchemy to stun him, get in and give him a few blows then retreat before he comes back round and repeat.

Yeah, I knocked f**k out of the big c**t first time, too.

The game is stunning, absolutely beautiful and handles really well too. Apart from the swimming, that certainly feels like it's going to be a chore.

Yeah, I knocked f**k out of the big c**t first time, too.

The game is stunning, absolutely beautiful and handles really well too. Apart from the swimming, that certainly feels like it's going to be a chore.

I found the handling to be a little over sensitive so far. I've only played a couple of hours or so so far. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?

You buy the armour from the merchant you save from the griffin near the start.

Hair and beard you can access at the barbours in Oxenfort.

Edited by qos4eva

You buy the armour from the merchant you save from the griffin near the start.

Hair and beard you can access at the barbours in Oxenfort.

Is it only available for a limited time? Just checked with him and it's not there

If you're on PC there's new Nvidia drivers out as of this week for it.

The first few cut scenes seemed a bit choppy to me. The game itself runs a lot smoother. It's beaut.

Have you tried Hairworks effects? A performance hog, but wow does it look good.

Have you tried Hairworks effects? A performance hog, but wow does it look good.

The medium one, Geralt hair only. I'm on a mix of medium-high settings, had to fiddle about with it to find the best look and keep the frame rates comfortably over 40.

If you run anything but a Nvidia card turn the hair settings off, it's not optimised for anything else and will eat your fps. I got my copy off G2A for £25 with 16 DLC packs. So far I've killed the griffin and I'm just searching the undiscovered locations around the first town before moving on. Game is marvelous so far.

Regarding settings I have everything on high and the hair setting off and I comfortably remain above 30 fps at all times and sometimes 40fps

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

I have the first 2 games but was never able to get into it. Is this one much different to them in terms of controls and gameplay?

I was in the same boat, this one plays better, the controls are better defined and the combat mechanics are better explained aswell. You also get a handy bestiary which tells you a enemy's weaknesses (signs, bombs, poisons etc) which makes a big difference.

The bestiary has been in all 3 games AFAIK. You had to either read books on the monsters or fight enough of them to expand the bestiary to give you more information though.

Having great fun with this now. Hadn't had that much of a chance to play it until last week. I'm at level 9 and just more or less cleaning up the first act.

Find actual, useful weapons rather hard to come by though, they are so rare. Am I doing something wrong?