The Witcher 3

spud131

Said before but that’s probably my main bugbear about the game, that you can play through the main story and trillions of side missions for hours and the outcome of the main story hinges on 4 or 5 conversation choices, some of which have a countdown timer and you have to react instantly.

Same with the HoS ending, though at least you can go back and replay the last mission to get the different ending.

I'm on the fence about that.  In a way, I like that the things that change the story aren't overtly signposted.  It feels a bit more organic that way, rather than showing in big flashing lights that this is a big branch in the story.

Ending wise, I've had the same one in both playthroughs...

In both of mine, Ciri lives, and becomes a Witcher.  I think you had to let her destroy the lab.  There was also the snowball fight, which I did in one playthrough and not the other, but didn't seem to affect the ending.  Don't think I could handle Ciri dieing, loved the way it ended as it was.

On first playthrough I ended up with Triss, but on the second I stumbled into the Geralt's a big slag ending.  The lonely road for me after that one

I've not really gotten into Blood and Wine in great detail yet, but good lord it looks good.  A nice bit of humour in the story too.  Writing continues to be fantastic.

Right, spoiler tabs folks. Some of us are still savouring the main quest. ;)

And before anyone moans about why anyone would read a thread before completing the game, I'm at level 30 so well into it, but enjoying the treasure hunts and a few remaining contracts before carrying on.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Working through B&W as slowly as possible, in the knowledge it's done after this  :(

Agreed with whoever said the DLC has abit more humour about it, certainly a few more pop culture references in the quest titles and some of the quests are a bit more "out there" 

I've got this, but my graphics card can't really handle it. Luckily the 480 has just come out, unluckily I have too much other shit to get right now and can't really buy one.

I've got this, but my graphics card can't really handle it. Luckily the 480 has just come out, unluckily I have too much other shit to get right now and can't really buy one.

Have you found anywhere in the UK selling them? Amazon had a couple up for a short time but none in stock

ETA - should probably have checked again before posting that  :lol:

Amazon have the 8GB card for £229 - clicky

Ebuyer have a range of them - clicky

Edited by Mr X

That's B&W done with in terms of all main and side quests, still got a good few ? to uncover but I'm so over-levelled now there's no point really in smashing a few more bandit camps / monster nests to pick up equipment that's not as good as what I've got, feel a bit sad now.

Farewell Geralt, we had some good times.

I turned the difficulty down to 4-year-old-playing-with-their-eyes closed so I could get Blood and Wine over with. Let's be honest, it's the story and design we're playing for anyway, the gameplay is bang average.

Have to agree, I'm 45 hours in and the end is nowhere in sight so I've blasted it down to "just the story" and I'm in love with the game again. Never played a game that was so rich in content and yet so meaty.

On 04/07/2016 at 8:07 PM, Fuctifano said:

That's B&W done with in terms of all main and side quests, still got a good few ? to uncover but I'm so over-levelled now there's no point really in smashing a few more bandit camps / monster nests to pick up equipment that's not as good as what I've got, feel a bit sad now.

Farewell Geralt, we had some good times.

f**k it, I lied. In full on completion mode now. To back up the point about the story writing being a bit more fun / pop culture in the expansion packs, particularly B&W, discovered 2 notes at some of the ? sites- not at all story related so not using spoilers- one was from a Sir Christophe Dugarry regarding some buried treasure.

The other was a note on the corpse of someone called Calvin who had adopted a panther which subsequently killed him. The panther's name... obviously...Hobbes.

Also read one which was genuinely unsettling about bandits describing how they murdered a family and it was giving the guy nightmares, and there's a fairly clear Gladiator reference in it about vengeance in this life or next.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost threw my controller out of the window yesterday trying to do the race during The Warble of a Smitten Knight side quest in Blood and Wine.  Took me half a dozen reloads to finally manage to finish it without running out of time.  The mounted combat in this game really is awful.

Other than that, the expansion is great, obviously.

On 7/18/2016 at 13:20, Forfinn said:

Almost threw my controller out of the window yesterday trying to do the race during The Warble of a Smitten Knight side quest in Blood and Wine.  Took me half a dozen reloads to finally manage to finish it without running out of time.  The mounted combat in this game really is awful.

Other than that, the expansion is great, obviously.

Blood and Wine is fantastic but it took me about 5 minutes to proper spit the dummy out while playing it.

• 3 weeks later...