George Galloway in Bradford West

Mr Bairn

He was never a Councillor in Dundee. Stood once and lost in pretty strange circumstances IIRC but can't recall the details. Pretty sure the seat he stood for was seen as a safe Labour one too.

I thought he was, but I'll bow to your superior local knowledge.

We'll both be served with libel writs asking us for £5,000 cash up front.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was he not involved in some bribery scandal trying to secure a contract with Libya for a Scottish dockyard years ago, maybe Rosyth? I remember arguing with my sister that it was worth bunging a few quid to one of Gaddaffi's henchmen to secure a couple of thousand jobs, she disagreed. It would have been 20/30 years ago, so maybe I'm mixing him up with some other w****r. My googling has been a bit unsuccessful tonight.

Hope he gets back in, so the latter bit doesn't happen. Scottish politicians (the SNP, Labour and Lib Dems were all at it in recent times, while the Tories eventually gave up post-Thatcher) seem to finally be moving beyond appealing to working class voters in west central Scotland in terms of ancestral tribalism.

Hope he gets back in, so the latter bit doesn't happen. Scottish politicians (the SNP, Labour and Lib Dems were all at it in recent times, while the Tories eventually gave up post-Thatcher) seem to finally be moving beyond appealing to working class voters in west central Scotland in terms of ancestral tribalism.

He'll never get in Holyrood, the guy is finished in Scotland.

He'll never get in Holyrood, the guy is finished in Scotland.

Yup. Thought he'd ride in with ease in the last Holyrood elections on the Glasgow list, but got about 4% of the vote or something. Cue toys, insults and fedoras out the pram and his oxymoron britnat pish vis a vis Palestine, Ireland etc.

In many ways he's equally as bad as the worst of the Westminster troughers.

Surprised someone's not been on to defend him yet.

An utter c**t of a human being. And no he hasn't changed, you've just noticed. The amount of people that gave him a free pass just because he was "anti-war", whatever that means, was hideous.

Being forced into a violent marriage is beyond disgusting. Whether she was 15, or 16 is neither her nor there to me.

That's very true, and no one could argue that, but why would she say she was an underage bride?

ETA galloway is a fanny.

That's very true, and no one could argue that, but why would she say she was an underage bride?

ETA galloway is a fanny.

From my grasp of the story, she claims there were two certificates. One where she was 15 and a second to make the British authorities recognise the marriage.

Galloway has a copy of the second

From my grasp of the story, she claims there were two certificates. One where she was 15 and a second to make the British authorities recognise the marriage.

Galloway has a copy of the second

And she says GG sent someone to Pakistan to pose as her dead father to get her marriage certificate is that right?!

Archived