St Mirren V Ross County

Not on Saturday there, it has to be said.

True, still he and the other few signings both teams made have vastly improved the pair of them, don't think it will pay off for 1 of them though. I think 11th will be relegated by Rangers sadly. Probably Motherwell.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To replace the useless lazy lump we had up front before he arrived :lol: .

I would tell him not to bother turning up for the rest of the season tbh.

1. He was available. 2. He was cheap. 3. Thompson was injured. 4. We were desperate. 5. Erm... 6. Nah, no fcuking idea why we signed the useless big p***k.

Don't think I've seen a player who couldn't look so blatantly like he couldn't be arsed. The next club who sign him will have to be managed by Stevie Wonder.

Don't think I've seen a player who couldn't look so blatantly like he couldn't be arsed. The next club who sign him will have to be managed by Stevie Wonder.

Aye he was a disgrace tonight. Even Thommo shook his head a few times tonight in disbelief at how pish the guy is.

Looked good in Dingwall before he was sent off, that's all he has done in the minging stripes though.

Wouldn't surprise me if Canning was drawing up a contract as we speak.

I remember being disappointed by Arquin's departure :1eye

Great to see Boyce grab a a brace and a half. Saint Mirren were rubbish, like really rubbish. Did Brown have a proper save to make? Hopefully County can push on to try and finish above Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle.

Incidentally, I went out to watch this game in a city somewhere in the Highlands (hint: it was Inverness). The first pub refused to show it instead opting for Liverpool vs. Newcastle. Good to see Scottish football getting promoted by the locals.

P.S., that nutmeg on Goodwin for the second goal

tumblr_luvm55oJdR1qa9yvvo2_250.gif

I agree with Gary Teale there was very little in the game tonight, we could've quite easily been the ones who were victorious by a 3 goal margin. If only we signed decent players, made sensible substitutions, didn't employ Tommy Craig/appoint Teale for the rest of the season, and resembled a football team.

At least they tried their best though.

I'm glad someone's said it. Correct me if I'm wrong but was Arquin not a very gifted player who Derek Adams and Jim McIntyre both failed to get the best out of?

Was this not also part of the reason why county were languishing well behind as the shite management team refused to pick players like luckassen(?) and Arquin due to not fancying foreign players?

Seems to me their is a fair bit of revisionist pish going on with the county support. McIntyre and that wee cretin Dodds have done a magnificent job yet a fair portion of the online county lads wanted them given their jotters months ago.

St Mirren are now a cautionary tale of a club believing they could do better than the the man who had brought the club not only stability but success. Had county fans got their wish they could potentially have been the next club to follow this path.

Fantastic turnaround and would not be surprised to see county in 7th come seasons end! Well done staggies!

I'm glad someone's said it. Correct me if I'm wrong but was Arquin not a very gifted player who Derek Adams and Jim McIntyre both failed to get the best out of?

Was this not also part of the reason why county were languishing well behind as the shite management team refused to pick players like luckassen(?) and Arquin due to not fancying foreign players?

Seems to me their is a fair bit of revisionist pish going on with the county support. McIntyre and that wee cretin Dodds have done a magnificent job yet a fair portion of the online county lads wanted them given their jotters months ago.

Arquin played very well last season and had an okay start to this season. Then he chucked it (although I would have been happy enough to see him stay) and transformed into the player that Notts County fans warned us about. Adams got the best out of Arquin but he had one or two good performances under McIntyre.

Luckassen was sold in January 2013 for £100,000 (or thereabouts). He was, despite the occasional glimpse of potential, rubbish but wasn't really given a fair opportunity (i.e., being stuck up front on his own without any support).

There is revisionism (of sorts) from the County support but following the Aberdeen game a number of folk on here decided that he should be given 5 games to save his skin. I would agree though that some have been too quick to write off the calamitous run of results/form that McIntyre presided over.

Arquin played very well last season and had an okay start to this season. Then he chucked it (although I would have been happy enough to see him stay) and transformed into the player that Notts County fans warned us about. Adams got the best out of Arquin but he had one or two good performances under McIntyre.

Luckassen was sold in January 2013 for £100,000 (or thereabouts). He was, despite the occasional glimpse of potential, rubbish but wasn't really given a fair opportunity (i.e., being stuck up front on his own without any support).

There is revisionism (of sorts) from the County support but following the Aberdeen game a number of folk on here decided that he should be given 5 games to save his skin. I would agree though that some have been too quick to write off the calamitous run of results/form that McIntyre presided over.

Who were the 2 (or 1) Dutch lads this season who were not being used enough? Sorry but I hope you can appreciate for a non county fan it is difficult to keep up with the ins and outs.

I came across as a bit of a dick in that previous post, probably because I am tbf, but it was supposed to be a more positive post about the benefits of giving managers time and trusting their judgement over fans at times.

I know this late surge is old hat to county fans but your current form is nothing short of remarkable!

I think I was more of a mind that if we couldn't get anything from the Motherwell game that we should just punt McIntyre & Dodds, rather than giving them 5 more games. Fair to say I was pretty disconsolate after getting gubbed by Aberdeen. I was also pretty salty about the way we treated De Leeuw & Maatsen (much more than Luckassen, that was a genuinely good deal), and I really was a bit disappointed that Arquin got let go, because I thought a new manager might have been able to have get him motivated again.

But ultimately the management team have justified the faith that Uncle Roy had in them and that I probably didn't.

But ultimately the management team have justified the faith that Uncle Roy had in them and that I probably didn't.

In the dark days at the start of the year Roy told a fans meeting that he was more positive we would survive this year than he was the previous year. He's not one for bullshitting the fans but I'm not sure a single fan in the room or beyond had anything like his confidence. He based it on the work going on behind the scenes and a new sense of professionalism at the club. He's been proved right. It can only be encouraging for next season in the Premiership - there, I've said it because Uncle Roy told me and he wouldn't lie to me....

If Arquin looked lazy but had a bit of talent, I could almost handle that, but he's a horrible footballer. He can't control a ball, wins nothing in the air, and doesn't make runs worth picking out, if we had anyone who could...

But that's the thing he can be a good footballer, the skill is there, but you'll never see it if he takes the huff/chucks it.

I have to admit being very surprised at how he has turned out for you guys. Don't get me wrong I fully expected him to take the huff at some point, just not this quickly. I was concerned when you picked him up as if he'd come out of the traps the way he did for us last season, he'd have done very well. But two early red cards, even if one of them was rescinded, seem to have ended any hopes of the form he showed last season (and even in flashes early this season) reappearing.

Great to see Boyce grab a a brace and a half. Saint Mirren were rubbish, like really rubbish. Did Brown have a proper save to make? Hopefully County can push on to try and finish above Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle.

Incidentally, I went out to watch this game in a city somewhere in the Highlands (hint: it was Inverness). The first pub refused to show it instead opting for Liverpool vs. Newcastle. Good to see Scottish football getting promoted by the locals

County were well impressive last night, can't say the same for the dismal commentary on BT Sports. Can actually see our neebores finishing above Killie with the excellent run they are on.

But that's the thing he can be a good footballer, the skill is there, but you'll never see it if he takes the huff/chucks it.

I have to admit being very surprised at how he has turned out for you guys. Don't get me wrong I fully expected him to take the huff at some point, just not this quickly. I was concerned when you picked him up as if he'd come out of the traps the way he did for us last season, he'd have done very well. But two early red cards, even if one of them was rescinded, seem to have ended any hopes of the form he showed last season (and even in flashes early this season) reappearing.

I've got more wrong than usual this year. McIntyre has improved the team and Arquin isn't missed a bit. He's a very gifted player on form. Which at first was every week.

Archived