St Mirren V Ross County

So...not seen a thread for this and thought I would start one. I've been away for 3 months and return just in time to make this game. So...who thinks that Ross County have what it takes to stave off relegation? Can St Mirren consolidate 10th place...how's the league going anyway? Is Gary Teale the mastermind we've all been waiting for?

Hopefully we didn't sign Alan Gow.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...not seen a thread for this and thought I would start one. I've been away for 3 months and return just in time to make this game. So...who thinks that Ross County have what it takes to stave off relegation? Can St Mirren consolidate 10th place...how's the league going anyway? Is Gary Teale the mastermind we've all been waiting for?

Hopefully we didn't sign Alan Gow.

We are in better form than United and Hamilton over the last 6 games, the sky is the limit :shutup .

I only watched the 8min highlight reel on Youtube rather than the BT Sport rerun of the Motherwell 5-0 match. But from the amount of crosses that Motherwell were allowed to put in, and the dreadful defending by Genev for Motherwell's first two goals, I'm hopeful that County can score at least a couple.

I suppose it's a case of whether St Mirren simply wither from now, or if they can start putting in good performances now that Teale has admitted that they're as good as relegated. Hearts looked great post-split last year with the pressure off. St Mirren have quite a few players with the same level of inexperience as the Hearts team, so maybe they'll respond to it well.

One thing's for certain: County won't hold back. Whether they play good or bad, this recently evolved team makes other sides have to play their best football to beat them.

I suppose it's a case of whether St Mirren simply wither from now, or if they can start putting in good performances now that Teale has admitted that they're as good as relegated. Hearts looked great post-split last year with the pressure off. St Mirren have quite a few players with the same level of inexperience as the Hearts team, so maybe they'll respond to it well.

One thing's for certain: County won't hold back. Whether they play good or bad, this recently evolved team makes other sides have to play their best football to beat them.

I do think this is a hard one to predict - certainly much harder than Tuesday's debacle. Motherwell were odds-against (about 6/5, IIRC) going into that, which was crazy really.

We are just playing for pride now, but I don't even think we have that in us.

There are increasingly strong rumours about the state of the spirit dressing room circulating: the senior "pros" not getting along, Thommo's head has gone along with his legs, John McGinn has got 'PCA at Dundee' written all over his face. Beyond that, our team is just a mish-mash of inexperienced but promising young players who are busy having their spirit crushed, and shite loanees/short-term contracts who are having no impact.

Despite all that, this is exactly the sort of game we would go and get something from. If you score, you'll win, as we have no goals in us.

County to win to nil.

This game could go one of two ways IMO.

A laboured draw/defeat to a St Mirren side with a point to prove, but too little too late. Or we absolutely spank them.

I hope it's the latter, with a couple of early goals so that Curran or Boyce can get an early rest and Sernas can get on for some game time.

My confidence in our team concerns me to be honest.

This game could go one of two ways IMO.

A laboured draw/defeat to a St Mirren side with a point to prove, but too little too late. Or we absolutely spank them.

I hope it's the latter, with a couple of early goals so that Curran or Boyce can get an early rest and Sernas can get on for some game time.

My confidence in our team concerns me to be honest.

Pretty much this ^

Today's the day it all turns around. 3-0 St Mirren - Calum ball hattrick.
Today's the day it all turns around. 3-0 St Mirren - Calum ball hattrick.
I apologise for my first reply to this, I can be an idiot sometimes. The point being this game is on Monday (I hope - or I'm a REAL idiot!)It would have to be an immense turnaround in both teams' form for St Mirren to win it. Most games recently I've said I'd settle for a draw. This time I really want the win, which would either see us overtake Thistle or pull further away from Motherwell, both those things if they draw today.St M 1-3 County.

Certainly don't see this as being the walkover some County fans think it will. Think back to the low-point of our season, the 1-2 defeat in Dingwall against 10 men.

Surely there will be a reaction from the St Mirren players after Tuesdays disaster.

I hope Midge scores, after he was robbed earlier in the season with that ridiculous offside call.

Certainly don't see this as being the walkover some County fans think it will. Think back to the low-point of our season, the 1-2 defeat in Dingwall against 10 men.

Surely there will be a reaction from the St Mirren players after Tuesdays disaster.

I hope Midge scores, after he was robbed earlier in the season with that ridiculous offside call.

Like I said, it could go one of two ways. But I hope our players are out to prove a point after that 1-2 defeat too.

Archived