• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to finally beat the Sons and no better day to do it, that was a must win. Perfect start for Danny Lennon and hopefully gives the boys a real lift going into another home game against QoS next week. There is hope :)

When we screw things up, we really screw things up. We will probably beat Hearts and still finish bottom. I think we are hot favourites for bottom now.

A game we had to win and it showed in the way we started. Flannigan scored a free kick every bit as good as his one against Hibs earlier in the season and Cawley then followed it up with a strike every bit as good as his against Falkirk. After that we were relatively comfortable.

With Livi winning we are back in with a chance of getting eighth. It's going to be helluva tight between the three of us.

That'll do nicely. Kind of the Sons to spread around those sweet, sweet end-of-season points between the rest of the diddies - you're still the Part-Time Kings anyway, nae bother.

Back to the tidy passing game, so I'm in love with Danny Lennon already, only this time we looked more dangerous up front. Everyone looked well up for it today; a pleasing reaction to last Sunday's shambles. Flanny obviously felt he had a point to prove and had a great game; fantastic free-kick to open the scoring. Kevin Cawley had a cracker too, all over the pitch and covering more in defence than I remember seeing. Brilliant to see him stick in another long range effort. Dumbarton had a few shots too, but were comparatively speculative and really didn't have their shooting boots on; not sure if they actually hit the target at all today.

Took about twenty minutes to get going again in the second half, but the defence performed well and held Dumbarton at bay without difficulty in the meantime. Once Greig came on, it just seemed inevitable that he was going to get one, and he duly obliged with a lovely wee cheeky flick over the keeper for an easy finish. Seemed like we could've had a fourth, but it wouldn't have made much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. Great to see an accomplished victory without everyone firing on all cylinders.

Officials had a bizarre day, seemingly happy to allow both sides to get away with wee touches with the hand and suchlike, before flat-out pulling decisions out of their arses in the second half. Didn't affect the result, thankfully, but I very much got the impression they'd been at the recreational drugs. Possibly hashish after the warm-up, followed by LSD at half-time.

Has Chopra always been that colour, by the way? Was wondering who the new boy was until I saw the shirt number :wacko:

Great win today. He might look like a extra from Minder but he's some manager. What struck a chord with me was after we scored the third goal he had Benedictus over on the touchline giving him instructions/advice. Roll on QOS next week.

Yeah I noticed Lennon was very hands-on today, constantly shouting instructions to players and bringing across the nearest player to him when there was a break in play for injuries/substitutions to get yet another message across, good to see.

Queens will be a different proposition next weekend with both ourselves and them having a lot to play for, but Dumbarton did seem to have a real go today, infact they were on top at 2-0 down for a good spell before half-time and again after half-time. The third goal seemed to kill things for them though and we were closer to getting a 4th through McCord. He was a well deserved MotM today but I really thought Flannigan was our outstanding player today.

Holmes also seemed to be more himself today, very fluent performance from him and although Flannigan and himself are similar type of players, Holmes seemed to be more settled in his 'Simmons' role today with Flannigan in front of him able to do the creative stuff.

Gibson looks like he's been on the Chopra diet since losing his first-team place. He looked a bit rusty to begin with today but he came on to a good game and kept a clean sheet, not a lot more we could've asked for really.

Would've preferred a draw in the Cowden-Livi game, we'd have still been within a win of overtaking Cowden with our superior goal difference and it would've halted the Livi revival and put them two wins away from us with games running out. We just have to look after ourselves though and here's hoping Queens can do us another end-of-season favour next week...then maybe again on the last day too.

I reckon you`re still favourites for 8th.

Clear favourites. They've already got the points, and we'll do well to get anything from QoS or Hibs (although the latter's meltdown is promising). Very happy we're done with Livi, as I've been expecting them to have a strong run-in, but they'll still likely need to beat Raith and QoS, and possibly get something from Hibs or Rangers on top of that. If I was a neutral, I'd have us as favourites to finish bottom now, but I've still got faith.

However, it's entertaining to see that some of the Cowden are already scrabbling around for the gin and paracetamol again :lol:

Another admirer of Lennon's style today. Seemed very helpful and supportive of his players, even down to timing Daryll Meggat's runs for him :P

Another admirer of Lennon's style today. Seemed very helpful and supportive of his players, even down to timing Daryll Meggat's runs for him :P

Just remember, he left Cowden, took our 3 best players inc one who he used a loophole to get him out of his contract. A contract he arranged !

Yes, a very nice man. !

Beware the smiling assassin.

Just remember, he left Cowden, took our 3 best players inc one who he used a loophole to get him out of his contract. A contract he arranged !

Yes, a very nice man. !

Beware the smiling assassin.

^^^ verge of tears!

^^^ verge of tears!

Not at all.

I think he is a good manager and will do well for you. He got us promoted after all but he is all about himself and he will be off at the first sign of another job and take any player worth having with him. Just don't let him arrange the contracts !

Not at all.

I think he is a good manager and will do well for you. He got us promoted after all but he is all about himself and he will be off at the first sign of another job and take any player worth having with him. Just don't let him arrange the contracts !

I refuse to believe a football manager would leave for a job at a bigger club and take his favourite players with him.

We'd all have heard of such things by now if they happened. Begone with your fairytales!

Archived