Wigtown & Bladnoch FC SOSFL Champions 2014/15

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, if it suits better rearranged.

The game will still be played.

When exactly? It can't be played after the last games of the season and teams have cup fixtures to play.

What makes you so confident?

We'll find out today anyway, my prediction is a fine and Abbey Vale to get the points.

Not being noted anywhere from W&B, SSFL or any other source. Must be such widely celebrated news.

Do we know if they are anywhere near the licensing standards for promotion to the Lowland League?

Wigtown are getting there with their licence but it's unlikely to be sorted before the end of May so Lowland League football next season is off the table. As far as I know Newton Stewart have 5 days to appeal the ruling so that might be why it isn't being noted anywhere - I don't know but might be why

It does.

Congratulations W&B.

Not quite.

Newton have the right of appeal.

Not being noted anywhere from W&B, SSFL or any other source. Must be such widely celebrated news.

Do we know if they are anywhere near the licensing standards for promotion to the Lowland League?

Hence why there's been none of the above.

Big congratulations to Wigtown & Bladnoch FC for winning the South of Scotland league for season 2014/15. It looked for so long that Newton would be the ones to prevail but their recent crumble has handed the title to Wigtown and they must be credited for being so consistent over the course of the season.

Congratulations lads. Hope the party is a good one!

The timing of this thread's announcement is interesting in retrospect - given that Newton Stewart went on to not fulfil their fixture two days later (due to no-show of certain players?) and so hand the league to Wigtown & Bladnoch.

Archived