Winter Sun - Honeymoon

stumigoo

I fully expect either some "don't do it" responses or suggestions about going to Largs or maybe Syria but I am looking for any decent suggestions for possible honeymoon destinations in December. I am getting married in October but we are waiting until December (roughly 26th-5th January) for our honeymoon because we are both teachers. We are looking for somewhere warm, fairly relaxing but also with some stuff to be able to do and things to go and see. Instead of asking for wedding gifts we are going to be asking people to give us money towards this and we will have some savings so we have a decent budget.

Currently we have only really looked at possibly Dubai but someone the other day suggested Singapore. For those well travelled on here do you have any ideas?

Cheers!

I was also going to suggest Thailand.

So many options to suit most people's holiday ideas/desires/budgets.

I did Sri Lanka and Maldives on my honeymoon, but Thailand the following year was by far my favourite ever holiday.

Singapore is a dreadful shout for a honeymoon. Thailand is the obvious choice for that time of year.

What is bad with Singapore? I've never been but had heard some good things from a friend who has family there.

What is bad with Singapore? I've never been but had heard some good things from a friend who has family there.

The longest you can ever hope to stay in Singapore for is two days. At a push. Very little to do. If Thailand is out of the equation, then why not try somewhere like Zanzibar or Mauritius? If the budget can stretch a wee bit further, Seychelles or Maldives. Of course, there are the Caribbean Islands too, but I've never been so can't comment on costs etc.

The longest you can ever hope to stay in Singapore for is two days. At a push. Very little to do. If Thailand is out of the equation, then why not try somewhere like Zanzibar or Mauritius? If the budget can stretch a wee bit further, Seychelles or Maldives. Of course, there are the Caribbean Islands too, but I've never been so can't comment on costs etc.

Maybe because my mate has family there it is better for him. Couple of good shouts with Mauritius as possibly Zanzibar (haven't looked at that at all).

I'm normally in to fairly active holidays but with this being our honeymoon I think we are more for relaxation.

We really wanted to go to the likes of Mauritious, Seychelles, Sri Lanka or Aruba but decided against it as we get married in July and the weather ain't so favourable then but it is in November, December time.

I went to Mauritius a couple of years back in October. The weather was mid to high 20's everyday with the odd bit of cloud. Very nice place, with the option to explore the island if you wish, which I did, although most people stay within the resorts.

I'd recommend the Maldives over Mauritius though, the place is paradise. Although, if you're easily bored then maybe it isn't the place for you. There's literally nothing to do other than eat, drink and relax. Saying that, if it's your honeymoon then you won't really mind.

I've never been to Thailand but really fancy it. My fiancé has been though and pretty recently so we wanted to go for somewhere new for the both of us.

We can see who wears the trousers in this relationship ;)

I've posted on 'Mexico' thread. I've only been in may time but friends have been October and December. December is 'dry season' and average 24 degrees. Gran Bahia Principe, Riviera Maya, been twice (got engaged on 2nd hol) going 9th may for 3 weeks to get married and honeymoon there too... just us 2 3rd week :) can't recommend it enough so look it up and all the best to you :)

Archived